Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Gives Bikes to Employees  (View post)

Tomáš Kapler [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, March 27, 2007
17 years ago6,169 views

I used to go by bike (when the weather was warmer), otherwise public transport

but i would love this google bike (the middle one – foldable, small wheels), one more reason why i'd like to be googler ;)

Susan Geraeds [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I would love to go to work by bike but unfortunately am forced to go by car. I live in Rome and the road from home to work is almost all cobblestones. Not to mention the crazy traffic.

TheRaveN 2.0 [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The Israeli Office is also going to give them.
In Israel, if you live in the city (Tel Aviv, the main city where the main Google office is), Bikes are safer, cheaper and faster then cars.

TheRaveN 2.0

Christopher Ireland [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I ride my mountain bike a round trip of 32km every day to the office in Girona, Spain. Just under half the trip is off road and there's a shower in the office under which I can wash off before starting work. I've got a range of cycling clothes which enable me to use my bike just about every day of the year; the only time I don't cycle into work is when it's raining heavily, as I have no opportunity to dry my clothes and shoes before the ride back.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

In fact, I posted this information to the forum last Thursday
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/89733.html
;-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks Juha-Matti, I'm still catching up!

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

OK!

Josue Sanchez [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I go to work on my bike... my "motorbike." I would take my bicycle, but I transpire so much that it wouldn't be practical for me.

eric hebert [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Haven't had a car in 4+ years and loving it.

Michael Schaap [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

It would be nice if they'd give bikes you can actually legally drive on the road...
At least in The Netherlands, a bike must have lights, reflectors on the sides and the back, etc. And it looks like all of the pictured bikes fail on some or all of those points...

Ken [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Riding to work by bike every day, I'd love it if the company where I work would actually encourage their employees to do so. But can you imagine, there are actually places where your employer doesn't like it if you ride a bike to work due to safety issues.

Ironically, the company where I work was just recently bought by Yahoo. I wonder if we will end up not being able to use Google in the office...

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

cool idea, does those bikes come with google maps integrated ?

Brian Jones [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I drive 30 minutes to a train station then ride 30 minutes to a stop right next to my office. My county is laying on bus service from a spot 5 minutes from my house to a spot right next to my office. You can bet I'll be a rider on that. I really enjoy my time on mass transit, mostly.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i get to work by bus.

i've been taught to ride a bike before 6 months!! and im almost 18!

my dad always tried to teach me when i was younger, but it always ended up by going the hospital. so at some point, i just quit.
but my friends said me they'll teach me (6 months ago) and i must say it was pretty easy :P

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I walk upstairs to my office in the loft.

Sandeep Chandur [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Public transportation, in New Jersey. I admit it's rather hard to live in NJ without a car.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!