Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google may be in interested to buy DoubleClick, Microsoft Beware

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 2, 2007
17 years ago3,263 views

I first saw this posted in a snippet on the Wall Street Journal homepage. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about the details. The purchase price is rumored to be over 2 billion dollars. Is Google that scared that Microsoft would be gaining more market if Microsoft purchased Doubleclick?

http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSN0237843220070402

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes, Google is the biggest boss in internet advertise market. Microsoft also want this, but Google also want to keep its position. So, the problem is who can fuck the highest price. I think Google will do.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Is it a rumor, or Google really said something about that?

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think we would still have to treat this like a Rumor. There is not enough information about if they truly are going to buy them.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I hate them flippin pop-ups they do for Dell and other sites. I hope google don't buy them and stick to the plain old adsense

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<DoubleClick is sometimes linked with the controversy over spyware because browser cookies are set to track users as they travel from website to website and record what commercial advertisements they view and select while browsing. However, the company maintains that it is important to understand the difference between DoubleClick's ad serving tags and the spyware/adware companies.>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoubleClick

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I only know because you can see ad.doubleclick.com/......... in all the pop-ups i get. The ads on Youtube (the banners at the top) ar ad.doubleclick addresses aswell,

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!