Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mockup: Google In-game Advertisement  (View post)

dan [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
17 years ago4,217 views

I ran ads on WoW sites trying to get them to make books out of their in-game screen shots at the company i do SEM for.

it worked pretty well.

[Signature URL removed – Tony]

JennyPenny [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

I don't play any video games, but if I did, I'd be too busy playing to look at the ads. I don't think WOW addicts would even notice the ads.... just like cigarette addicts "don't care" about the Surgeon General's warnings/graphic images...

LOL "Ladies you are in luck! You can now finally get your husband / boyfriend back from World of Warcraft! Just advertise with Google!" Lucky me – I don't know anyone addicted to video games. Hmmm... but I'm starting to show signs of addiction to this blog and facebook. =O(I don't notice the ads on this blog! OMG! LOL

Jamie Carter [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I think in game advertising like the one shown above will ruin games, they'd really anoy the hell out of me. I saw on the net while browsing a company that is integrated into games online and displays different adverts that are part of the game. Eg if your game features a billboard then a company can pay the advertisers to have their ad on that billboard, and it looks like part of the game. Much less contrast and distraction.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hey, in-game ads don't look like that.

http://images.google.com/images?q=in-game%20ads&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Konstantin Barinov [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

He must be lvl 64.

ogletree [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Blizzard would never allow ads in game. The only ads that would show would be ads for buying gold and they are against that.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No, this will drive a player crazy and ask someone's grandmother.
The ads should be more delicate than common Adsense.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!