Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Tracking Image Searches?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
17 years ago2,610 views

Does anyone know if Google Analytics allows you to check your most popular search referral keywords... but for image search engines only? I'd love to see the top 50 image search keywords/ phrases for a give domain...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Not as far as I'm aware. However, you can supposedly do this in Google Webmaster Tools for Google Images.

Statistics > Query stats

Choose search type: Images

Is that what you were looking for?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Not sure what you men by tracking images ??

However, I do know of s/w platforms that is used for commercial purposes to track image usage across the Web, specifically for IP violations.

17 years ago #

/pd, I think Philipp wants to know which of his organic referrals from Google were via Image search results. In Google Analytics, it shows all organic searches from Google as "google[organic]" – without distinguishing between web/images/blog/etc. Personally, I'd like to see which visitors came from Blog Search too.

17 years ago #

Cool, I will try this. I added the domain I wanted to check to Webmaster Tools, though it doesn't have any query data at this time. I suppose they need some hours to days to get this showing...

17 years ago #

> Choose search type: Images

I can now conclude I don't get this search type (yet). All I get is "All searches", "Mobile devices" and "web search". I see the "images" for other sites, but not the one where images showed up in Google just recently.

17 years ago #

Weird. I wonder how they decide which options each domain should have. I have several domains in verified in Webmaster Tools and some of them have different settings and don't show me as much data as the others, even though I added them all around the same time.

17 years ago #

Weird, the site was verified already, so I went ahead and removed the verification HTML file (/googlea51a...html), but now it was unverified due to the missing file. I suppose it must be kept on the server indefinitely?

17 years ago #

... now the image stats are showing, by the way.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!