Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's "My Notebooks" Link  (View post)

jim's tips [PersonRank 1]

Monday, April 9, 2007
17 years ago4,752 views

His seems to regularly appear on all query results pages. The nice thing about including this is that you no longer need the plugin, so it's always there--very handy. I do agree, however, that based on the users' account, it should be togglable. But then again, I believe that many other "features" should be user-togglable also...

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't get it.

Henning [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

James: You probably don't have a Google Notebook account or You're currently not logged in?

Philipp: To turn these Links off, just add "google.com##nobr>span.bl" to Your AdBlock Plus.

jim's tips [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Please clarify: You don't see the link, or you don't understand why it's needed?

17 years ago #

I dont see the link. I am signed in a andd regularly use Notebook. Mabey its because i use http://google.ie

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Try http://www.google.com/ncr

MirekS [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

You can rename it to whatever. You can create more notebooks and treat tham like folders. Google Notebook is great!!!

17 years ago #

Thanks Ionut, though I am now getting it on both .com and .ie

MirekS [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

After login – try
http://www.google.com/notebook/

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is not that useful for me as I have the extension for firefox... another reason is that if I don't use the extension I cannot note anything from a portion of web page without copying and pasting it. using the new feature in search page I think you can only note the snippet? (correct me if i am wrong about the last line as I could only capture the snippet)

ZZ [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

How do i enable this? I don't use the FF extension so this would be useful to me.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ZZ, it's possible this is currently rolled out for everyone... so if you don't see it yet, give it some more days...

George R [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

To get the "note this" links
I think you have to be "signed in" on the domain you use.
If you do a search and see "note this" links and then sign out
they go away.

If you do not like the bloat but also do not like the inconvenience of logging out of another service such as gmail, try using two different domains or ip's. Use one for searches and another for personalized services such as gmail. They each have their own cookies.

I think you can also use this technique to sign in as multiple users at the same time without signing out. Sign one into one domain and a second into a different domain.

James B [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Google Notebook – don't like it. I like my notes in Simpy, along my bookmarks and tags, so I can slice links and notes with the same tag.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!