Google Blogoscoped

Forum

FAQ Search Engine  (View post)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 17, 2007
17 years ago4,859 views

It does seem like a good idea to me and it worked for my search.

Kevin Carey [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Philipp, thanks for your article covering QueryCAT. I think you captured our vision very well when you said that we will "include the answer to the question right in the result snippet". Our goal is to provide you with the answer to your question as quickly as possible and displaying that answer directly in the search results is the best way to do that.

Regarding your test query, we are working every day to expand our index. We wanted to get the site out and start receiving feedback as soon as possible, while still working to include even more FAQs. We have about 2 million questions and answers right now, but I believe we can double or even triple that in the next few weeks.

I am interested to hear what your readers think of the site. I'll keep my eye on this thread for feedback.

Matt G. [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I really wish Google displayed this kind of output when I have a question mark in my search query.

17 years ago #

Matt G. – its nice to hear you say that. Tell Google to contact us!

In all seriousness, I think one of our best opportunities will be to integrate our technology with other search engines – both vertical search engines covering a specific topic, and general ones that want to include FAQs when the query lends itself to those types of answers.

Gena Drake [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

What does it mean when an application says it will not work in DOS mode?

jake [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hi Kevin, like the site.
Can you tell more about the technology, when did you start working on it, how did you come up with the idea, company?
TIA.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

DOS is whats on your computer if you dont havLinux, Windows, OSX or any other OS or GUI on your computer.

17 years ago #

Jake,

I've been working on the site/technology for awhile now. It has gone through a number of iterations before becoming the "FAQ search engine" that it is now.

The idea was inspired by some of the "answer engines", such as BrainBoost.com as well as Google's "one box". I think that the next level of search will involve more understanding of a user's query and matching it up with structured information parsed from the web. These sort of techniques help the user find the answer just a little bit faster.

If you'd like to no more about exactly how things work, or what we plan on doing in the future, please feel free to contact me at webmaster[put at-character here]querycat.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!