Adobe VS MSFT

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 22, 2007
17 years ago2,985 views

Microsoft Expression :
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/expression-studio/overview.aspx
(600-1000 $ (!))

VS
Creative Suite 3 (includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Flash and others)
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/

Google should get involved pretty soon if they wanna get a piece from that pie as well..

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Adobe is pretty strong, Google has other interests.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Adobe vs. Microsofolous. Interesting.

Microsoft's Expression Web has strong support for CSS standards, but its interface is useless. It takes ages to realise how to create a new site! Dreamweaver CS3 on the other hand looks like it will be a designer's dream. It supports copy merging and PSD integration. It was a well thought-out move to acquire Macromedia. It seems to provide the missing link.

The best Adobe/MS showdown at the moment has to be the well-established Flash platform, versus Microsoft's all-new Silverlight. I think Silverlight will be a popular choice with Enterprise sites and music download services, due to support from DRM. Apart from that, I'm not quite sure what advantages it will bring to the stage; I think most of the "advantage" comes from Microsoft's glossy presentation of the product. When, in actual fact, it's just another thing people will have to download.

It seems Adobe have hit back at Silverlight quite well, with the soon to be released Adobe Media Player, which will (i think) encompass the likes of Flash, Shockwave and Authorware Player all into one.

If I was 18, I would have invested in Adobe last year, and even though I haven't checked, I think I would have come out trumps this year.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!