Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Turkey Gets Special Logo  (View post)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 23, 2007
12 years ago3,999 views

Gee,
what a beautiful logo :)

Trogdor [PersonRank 6]

12 years ago #

Once again, I like that Google does special holiday logos. I don't like that they only tend to show them to the audience they assume wants to see them.

If there's a holiday in Turkey and Google makes a logo, why shouldn't I get to see it and learn about it when I visit Google.com in the US? If there's a holiday in Thailand or Australia or Korea and they get special Google logos, why are they only shown in Thailand, Australia, and Korea, and not the entire world?

Am I alone here? Am I the only one who likes seeing a new Google logo, and finding out about a holiday I didn't know about (shoot, if it weren't for the logo, I wouldn't have known it was Earth Day ...)?

Marcin Sochacki (Wanted) [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

[put at-character here]Trogdor: I wouldn't want Google logo to change for every important event worldwide, because the real logo would then become a rarity :)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Trogdor;
i hear ya. though the real Google logo will become too rare for us to be seen

thats why Google has built sub-domains for each country. so when a specific country celebrates an event, they are the first to know.

but, you can always get updates here ;)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Trogdor,
you are not the only one, but you are certainly in the minority. We all are. :-) People too often forget that cosmopolites, technogeeks, web site administrators,... form a very tiny portion of overall Google's audience.

Surely for most people here in Croatia, it would be a public outrage if they saw Google's celebration of some Serbian holiday. Americans are maybe a little bit more conscious, but still show an appalling lack of sense for the global view in some issues. And Google can't afford the risk.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!