Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Personalized Homepage Bug

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
17 years ago2,830 views

There is a bug in the Google Personalized Homepage that allows rss feeds from a freshly deleted tab to appear in a new tab.

Example, I created a tab labeled 'test tab'. This tab only had 2 rss feeds on it. One for Google Blogoscoped and one for ESPN. I then deleted 'test tab' and clicked the "Add a tab" link to create a new tab. In the box that appears, name the new tab and keep the checkbox selected that says 'I'm feeling lucky. Automatically add stuff based on the tab name.' You should now see a new tab with several new modules/feeds but you will also see your 2 old rss feeds that were part of the deleted 'test tab'. I've tested this on 2 separate accounts using Firefox 2.0.3 and it occurs with both accounts.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe that's because the 'gadget remove request' did not reach the server before you created the new tab...

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Inferno, that just might be it. I tried deleting a tab and waiting an hour and then adding a new tab and my old rss feeds were not in the new tab.

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

and also, im in france on exchange and the personalized home page works when i set the language to english (and the theme etc pops up) but not when its defaulted as french when im still logged in ;S

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!