Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How can I remove Google services?

Jason Schramm [PersonRank 5]

Wednesday, April 25, 2007
17 years ago8,311 views

How can I remove Google services? I want to be able to remove myself from things like Google Reader and Notebooks since I don't use them and they just take up link space. Google gives me so many links everywhere they they run into each other and mess up the experience.

Do you understand what I mean? Anyone know of a way? Only a few services let you opt-out once you have opted in. I want to remove others.

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

i think if you click More on the nav bar in Gmail it'll list them and give you options...

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

you can't

Jason Schramm [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

Nope. The only ones the My Account section let you remove are Gmail, Orkut, and 1 other. I want to remove other services that Google keeps giving me links to. Like "My Notebooks" since I don't use it and it just clutters navigation.

Of course I could always dust off my Greasemonkey script and modify it for this.

Grunt Fish [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'd like to opt out of Base, Notebook and Reader. I was curious so I tried them out, now I'm stuck with them.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Base doesn't get in the way, though, does it, except on the My Account page. (PS Reader's lovely, and Notebook is getting better.)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Just don't use it! What difference does it make if its on your accounts page

4563214 [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

In the "My Account" Menu (https://www.google.com/accounts/EditServices) i can remove:

Delete Google Mail Service
Delete Browser Sync
Delete Web History
Delete orkut

Everything else will be still activated...

Owen [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It's a silly problem, not the end of the world, but very irritating I will agree!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!