Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Myspace.cn

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Friday, April 27, 2007
17 years ago3,504 views

Online. Use the same user database in USA. Sever seams at USA too. Speed not fast in China. Little complex for common Chinese.

Today, I chat with my friend.
He said C2C, means copy to china.
I said, the fashion is beautiful, but must fit chinese.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

===>"but must fit chinese"

can you explain what is a fit to Chinese ??

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My guess is... "Fits into the Chinese culture".

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

<<The MySpace China community is still in its test stage, adapted from the US version, but will gradually be developed to meet the needs of Chinese users, the company said.>>
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/myspace-launched-in-china/2007/04/27/1177459939290.html

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]/pd

1.most of chinese users is mouse users, afraid of complex registering.
2.most of chinese users does not use email or does not use email to do this fun, so register should not be based on email.
3.login slow
Many many......

In fact, myspace's service is not new in china. His future will be very hard. Cause, in my openion, QQ and Baidu have built some kind of Myspace already.

Maybe, find a bad boy on the street to be CEO... Myspace just burn the money, we wait see the next step.

17 years ago #

4.And some font too small.
The smallest font should be 12px for chinese. 14px and 16px is good.
5.Same with Baidu.jp, some content that full of sex will be GFWed. In fact, QQ also have many sex content. Many person find real sex on this site.
But, unfair is the fair...

Myspace is an ONS heaven that will be forbidden in China.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What does "ONS" mean?

17 years ago #

One Night Sex.

17 years ago #

http://www.topku.com/talk/000567
A guy said Myspace.cn is Super 2.0 for it register process. The letters on the images should be the world Difficult 2.0.

By the way. "2" in chinese sometimes means stupid. Sometimes means double lucky.

17 years ago #

Blog still not support chinese, Display many ??????

Myspace.cn too hurry. My theory is, not give someone full rights. Myspace.cn have a 60 person team, still can not do this work well. Why? Should need a third party company to check the qualities.

17 years ago #

China Blogger at his blog give myspace.cn good comments.
Said, myspace use 3 month to connect to the main database of myspace.com, so now have 100,000 basic chinese users to begin.

My question is, how many basic chinese user when Google.cn online, how many when Yahoo.cn online, and how many ebay.cn online.

For example, ebay buy eachnet.com, china biggest C2C, including almost all C2C chines users, now, all now the result.
Myspace.com have the good mode in business, so Myspace.cn also have the good. The importance is based on the good mode, should notice at detailes.

Register at Myspace.cn costed me 40 minutes, I do not remember I costed on Myspace.com. Myspace.com better than cn.
Myspace.cn use three month to make a chinese version. So slow, for this translation, must be finished within 15 days.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!