Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GCalendar Mass Update Interface?

Libran Lover [PersonRank 4]

Thursday, May 3, 2007
17 years ago2,880 views

Philipp suggested that I post this here. So, here goes:

I am looking for an interface or utility which will help me add multiple events – a dozen or a hundred or more – to the Google calendar. The input to this utility can be provided in form a specially formatted text file, or better still, an xml file.

Does anybody know here of such a utility?

LL

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Are you going to input the new events by hand or you already have the data and you want to convert them into *calendar* format so you can upload to GCalendar.

17 years ago #

Haochi,

We already have the data. There are dozens of events to be entered every year. So, we can't enter them all by hand.

We can convert them to any format which makes it easy to upload to GCalendar. We are also looking for a tool or interface, which can make this upload possible.

Thanks for your interest.

LL

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google provide an API for this purpose exactly. It lets you add / remove / change calendar entries in code rather than having to do it manually. Check out here for more information:

http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/overview.html

I've done this for a bunch of different things, so if you need more info send me an email at: my first name dot my surname at gmail.com

17 years ago #

Thanks, Reto. I have checked out the Calendar API, but don't know how to use it. I have sent you an email.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!