Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Zerge's Full-Length Google Videos  (View post)

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

Thursday, May 3, 2007
17 years ago4,169 views

His name echo's a gym-leader in the old Poke'mon series – Lt. Surge.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Does Google ban users from submitting to Google Video if they only upload copyrighted content?

Kevin K. [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Let's not forget the convenient "download" option that Google Video provides; for Akira, this yields a DivX file of reasonable quality compared to the streaming flash video. It seems that they should be more careful about copyrighted content. DivX's own stage6 suffers from the same problem; 1 minute scanning 2 hour long videos reveals http://stage6.divx.com/user/takashi21st/video/1169434/akirra . It's good to be a CDN these days!

TK [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Interesting that Google doesn't remove his account. I've seen several people lose their account on YouTube for uploading TV Shows and Movies.

Trogdor [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

"And yes, I have been contacted on movies ... but never been banned or suspended cause I’m not dumb enough to toy with Google."

Now *that* is interesting. He's been flagged before, but never removed. This guy must be pretty careful. While he might not want to go into it, I'd be curious just what behaviors one can get away with while staying far enough below the radar to avoid being removed.

Nah, he probably won't discuss that much publicly. It's like figuring out the "audit flags" in your IRS tax-planning software, and then publicizing them.

Good read. Thanks, Philip.

LtZerge [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

sry. just felt like seeing how the whole report went. I must side with Philip here when he says it's interesting cause under normal circumstances I should have been banned I while back but Google seems to be continually giving me the leeway as I have had a total of 5vids flagged and wiped yet nothing more... guess I'm special =D

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!