Forum

what´s the problem with orkut?

Juan [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, August 4, 2004
19 years ago

what´s the problem with orkut? it seems to be down most of the time

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Yes it's often down. I wouldn't say most of the time. But it's always very slow, so slow I don't like to use it any more. I also don't like to use it much because all font-sizes, and the whole layout, seems to be tiny on screens I use (it doesn't adapt much). But then again these are all issues which Google might be able to fix one of these days. Performance-wise and concerning other technical issues (not the content, not the idea, which is good) I find Orkut.com to be the worst of all Google services (next to Google Groups 2 Beta, which is so unusable in my opinion).

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

*the idea is not theirs, it is not new
*the code we don´t know for sure is theirs, there is a claim of theft
*the search capabilities in Orkut are terrible
*it is slow and down many times

what are they doing well?

the layout is good for me

19 years ago #

The one thing they are definitely doing well is getting new people to sign up for Orkut. They've grown a large community fast.

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

these days it is a disaster
today it is not so slow but the login errors persist
besides, there are no posts
I think peole is tired of its crappy service

abouzar vakili [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

why orkut does not accept my password i entered the wright password i am sure.

Tom [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

abouzar vakili,

Sometimes it´s happen...it´s "normal" in Orkut..try again in 2 days...

Yannick Mückenhirn [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Philipp Lenssen said:
"The one thing they are definitely doing well is getting new people to sign up for Orkut. They've grown a large community fast."
-Large community of Brazilian people! *Sarcastic*

"But it's always very slow, so slow I don't like to use it any more."
-I think the same, veeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooow.

"I find Orkut.com to be the worst of all Google services (next to Google Groups 2 Beta, which is so unusable in my opinion)."
-I am in total agreement.

Yannick Mückenhirn ® http://noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

19 years ago #

What's the worst is that I find the whole interface (fonts, widths, page length, etc.) much too small on my screen. E.g. in my inbox, I saw I believe 5 mails per screen, and had to click next-next-next – this was unnecessary, because 5 mails filled barely 10% of my screen.

Govind [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

After they started the secure login thing, I cant login at all $^$^!$^ even when using the latest version of Firefox.

WHAT'S the PROBLEM WITH THEM?

An Angry Orkut user..........

rico [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

The same with me here ...
Can't login since the secure login is enabled either with Mozilla 1.7 which I usually use nor with IE (which I usually avoid to use) ...

I also always slow ... really annoying...
Is there anybody who has not this problem out there. Which Browser does he or she use?

Garito [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

In my opinion Orkut is the first stupidity of Google
If you try it (Orkut) with Gecko (Mozilla, Firefox...) simply doesn't work
But try it with IE: works fine

Googlers: bad, very bad

Shlmohammadi@yahoo.com [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I can not ligin. How can I enter orkut with my user name and password?
Shahla

joseph [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i sent a invitation to my freind, but he told that invitation was failed, i investigate the problem and find that he was right, the error was orkut page displaying was;

Invitation failed.

The reason might be one of the following:

You entered a wrong email address
   You have not enabled JavaScript on your browser
   Your browser is not accepting cookies
You already accepted the invitation and signed up
The url specified is invalid
   If you are using Hotmail, you may need to copy and paste this URL into a new Internet Explorer window

If you know someone who is a member of orkut, have them invite you to join.

but all things are 100% correct according to this page, which may cause error.
any one have any solution to this problem reply here, because i have tried many times but the page after 2 pages displaying this error. any reply will be appretiated.
or email me at : v2004pa[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk

justin [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Orkut servers run on Microshaft technology – .Net platform

cpmx [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Orkut looks no better than yahoo groups. For socializing on the net there are better options.

Webmaster Resources capmex.biz

cpmx [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Orkut doesn't provide enough information about what they are about.

I tried to join and I found that someone have to invite me.

I would like to know what can you do inside of orkut.

http://capmex.biz

alireza [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

hey guys...
i'm sick of all this orkut errors
it jus keep pissin me off....
it's like a week that i can't login....
every time i enter my user name and pass...it jus shows me that blue page with the text logging in at the top left....
abd the page is done....
fuck it..i'm not using it anymore,,,,

but if anyone knows if it is fixable...or maybe the problem is with my internet explorer or something that i can fix it.....(i can access all other web sites and stuff)...:P
keep it reall guys...

Alis [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Does orkut works for you people?when i sing in and this show up:
Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

ARK [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Orkut is a really cool web site, but it's become totally useless! I cant to anything becasue its so slow! and it gives me this stupid message: Bad, bad server. No donut for you. they should fix this server problem otherwise people will stop using it.

parisa [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

it never logges in
:((
in just make me go insane!!!!!
HELP
SOS

Leonan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

It sucks

reza hedayati [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

oh god
whenever i wnat to login orkut i recieve this message:
"Bad, bad server. No donut for you"
and i dont know what i should do.in some computers i can login and in some others i can not.

daniel [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

since many days I can´t login into Orkut
from the same machine other people can
what can be?

Ad Syed [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I used to think orkut is all of that things until yesterday.
Today, I'm more annoyed than ever because I use dial-up and it wont even go the main page.
I can access every other website on the planet, except orkut. Lol. Its pathetic!!

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

have you tried tribe.net?
it has many more features and ... it works!

Amir [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I recieve this message when i want to login orkut:
"please enable cookies in your browser to login to orkut"

aref [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

my account have proxy!
and ISP do not let me login in orkut
IRAN
take me a way!
tanx

ham [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Great news Pals:

Iran has finally filtered Orkut! They claim orkut is anti islamic.....(NO.. No donut even for islam!)

amir ali [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

The orkut site has been filtered in Iran.
Would you please suggest any Anti-Proxy that we can use this web site?

my email address is:

s_a_a_m2000[put at-character here]yahoo.com

zeeshan [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

i am behind a firewall . is there another way to acess website other then orkut.com

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Orkut is a mudpie. It's slow, it doesn't search well, it doesn't customize well and it doesn't integrate with useful services well.

Social Network Ranking:
#1 – MySpace
#2 – Friendster
#3 – TheFaceBook
#4 – Orkut

#?? Yahoo360

rads [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I jus cant seem to access orkut.It always gives me the msg : "Server down" ,all the time :- Any solutions???

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

www.tribe.net

Lara [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Há três dias que venho tentando entrar no orkut, e dizem q o problema são os cookies no browser, mas já limpei toda a pasta e nem assim foi solucionado, oq fazer?

Ana [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

O mesmo acontece cmg tb quero saber?

19 years ago #

English only please.

JJ [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I dunno I stop using Orkut when it was overrun by people whose language I don't speak (mostly Portugese). Nothing wrong with that. But it limited Orkut's already limited usability even further.

All Orkut had going for it was its novelty and exclusivity. I predict it's going to be similar with Yahoo 360.

Mah lima [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

when i try to enter in orkut, the message "you need to enable the cookies in browser for enter in orkut" What can i do? please anwser me!

Rafale [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

In the meantime I've already tried yahoo 360 and I've got an account, so far it's working quite well. It will be more interesting when I get friends to sign up and use it though.

Faizan Rauf [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

the orkut seems always down and the same problem is occurin since a long time.: the problem is to enable cookies

mahrukh ajaz [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

orkut doesnt work it cant open in my window

Zainab * [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

how to enable cookies on ma browser? will i ever get an answer to this problem? help!!!!

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

which browser are you using?
anyway, doesn´t it have a help feature?
I don´t think it is a cookies problem

LAn [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

can`t stand msg #5 anymore!!
please enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browserplease enable cookies in your browser.....
shit!

Miss Khan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

my orkut is not working but i registered there. please enable cookies in your browser .this willl be the problem enbales cookies
answer me quickly

Adnan Hassan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

If You Wana Unblock Website,Unblock A Firewall Or Any Restriction From Net I Can Help You.
Mail Me At adnanaddo[put at-character here]hotmail.com with the subject "unblock"

Ninva [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I recieve this message when i want to login orkut:
"please enable cookies in your browser to login to orkut"
plz help me
im in iran

kage [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Can't seem to use orkut at all with firefox beta 1.5 doesn't seem to go past the login page. i know i'm entering hte correct username and password because that absolutely works with IE. Have allowed orkut.com all privileges in Firefox: javascript, popups, all to no avail.

Sux with IE as well. keep getting "bad server. No doughnut for you!" as if that's supposed to crack me up everytime. half the things i enter i have to enter again.

maria [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

y aint my orkut opening..a message appears that the server encountered..bla bla...ive tried alot..wat the hack is going on..!!

Sohaib [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hye Dear, I have severe problem with orkut.com. I am using DSL Cable Net through firewall. The website orkut.com easily open the login page. but after entering the username & passwd i comes back to the same login page without any error. Please help me in this regard! thanks.

rahul aggarwal [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

the problem is that when i open the orkut website and i type my gmail id with password,and sign in,there appears a page asking me to link your orkut account to your google account and asks me for orkut id and password which i think so that i dont have.so, as a result,i'm not being able to login.so please help me out here.why is this thing happening with me only and why not with others.
thanks.
rahul aggarwal.
chemicalengineer.rahul[put at-character here]gmail.com

vikram jeet [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

when i m entering my password it will back on main page

mahdi [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

orkut is filtered in my country
I used to enter orkut with "https://www.orkut.com"
but I cant do that anymore
what should I do?

pracash [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

3 months or so ago orkut asked me to link my orkut id with my google id... to log in.,.. i did so ..and things were fine .. till about a week back .. when it once more asked me to connect my orkut account with my google accout.

though i had already done this 3 month's back.. i once again connected my orkut userid to my google id.... but now it doesnt accept the old password which i used to sign in with when i simply used to log in with the orkut id.

i mailed the suckers bout it.. but there's been no response from the orkut guys.. save for a automated thank u mail

any idea guys..

prakash(dot)email(at)gmail.com

pracash [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

just to update u guys.,...
orkut fella finally did reply back...
and i am connected once again

XYZ [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hey am regular to the orkut site. Today suddenly since morning, its showing "This site is under construction right now and will checked soon. What does this mean?

VINOD [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Y can't they add GOOGLE TALK to orkut??????????/ beats me

Grazi [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I would like to know, how can i enter in orkut in my university, because the teacher never want i enter...
Help-me please because in my house don´t have computer...

Askana [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

May b u can try using ghostzillaa a gud browser which will pretend u r workin while actually surfin on net..cheers try tht ...

ray [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

orkut is blocked here.. so is most of internet.. it sucks!

wajahat [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

orkut is blocked here.. so is most of internet.. it sucks!

Abhishek [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

orkut is blocked here.. so is most of internet.. it sucks really...How to unblock Orkut??

Swaraj [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Can anyone tell any site thru which ORKUT can be used...as it is blocked....

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Is that blocked by your provider?

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The first and last time I used orkut was around mai 2004 in the time when the 1st gmail invites were in ebay for $100. Even those of orkut were on ebay btw!

It seemed at first like a nice community from Google, now it's 80% SPAM, I receive sometimes up to 5 SPAM/day from orkut.

I just never go back there anymore...

I would be interessting on the other side for someone who is learning portuguese or wants to meet brazilian people ;-)

vicky [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

My company has blocked orkut.

can anyone help to by pass proxy server.

yadavtravels@gmail.com [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

my name is upendra yadav so iwant to creat new id company name

disgusted orkut user [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Does any one know any mirror site or any alternate site thru wich one can login to orkut???

18 years ago #

You can switch to MySpace, Friendster or other social networks.

Varsha [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I am also facing same problem in orkut it never accepts my password and I am sure I am using right password .Is it right behavior?

tukro [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

orkut boasts of being beta ... its like an alpha --- not able to login and on top od that no straitforward passwd resetting. Even tho i manged to reset the passwd ..it throws the error of javascript n cookies n bla bla ..while others can login to orkut from the same system

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!