Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wikipedia Criticizing Itself  (View post)

Mathias Schindler [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 4, 2007
17 years ago4,890 views

The liars paradox' application would be "According to Wikipedia, Wikipedia is unreliable".

Tim Susman [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I find it amusing that the Wikipedia page devoted to criticisms of Wikipedia includes the criticism that Wikipedia "attempts to suppress criticism of itself."

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes, Wilipedia's nofollow...

huseyin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

wiki = nofollow

Michael Zimmer [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Not sure why you're surprised at this – Wikipedia is an encyclopedia trying to amass all human knowledge, which MUST include any notable and verifiable criticism of itself.

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

FYI:

Sand Castles of Knowledge

"I've seen the light on Wikipedia, and I feel like a fool. I've used it, praised it, and, determined populist that I am, extolled it here as a model. I'm probably one of the few professors who has talked it up to his students and allowed them to cite it as a reference – carefully, with outside confirmation if possible, and judging the quality of an entry carefully. ...

The articles that a lot of people think they know something about, it turns out, are a nightmare. I take back everything: Wikipedia is a playground for belligerent adolescents."

http://www.artsjournal.com/postclassic/2007/05/sand_castles_of_knowledge.html

Pkchan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The greater paradox lies in this comment on its talk page:

"To aviod Conflict of interest, all wikipedian should avoid editing this article. Thank You."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Criticism_of_Wikipedia#Please_avoid_editing_this_article_if_you_are_a_wikipedian.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!