Google Blogoscoped

Forum

cannot search

Johnny [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, May 6, 2007
17 years ago3,741 views

Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL /custom?hl=en&q=dogs+names&btnG=Google+Sear
ch&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&client=pub-
anyone tell em why i keep getting this meassage when i search for anything, was ok yesterday, have not installed anything or made any changes, can search on other search engines.

7803381336700505&channel=3181435462&cof= from this server. (Client IP address: 212.100.250.217)

The website you've just visited has tried to provide you with search results from Google. Unfortunately, the site violates our terms of service so your search could not be completed. If you would like to continue with your search, please click the link below, which will take you directly to Google and the results you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to conduct future searches directly from google.com or through the Google Toolbar, which can be downloaded for free from this address: http://toolbar.google.com.
Click here to continue your search on Google.

Johnny [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

why does this happen when is earch

Conor Cleary [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

because the website is using google custom wrong or just used an html google search box

She [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I am getting the same problem – no matter what I enter in search box.
Am accessing Google through Internet Explorer [as I have regularly in the past with no problems].
Which website is "using google custom wrong"? Are you saying, Conor, that it is a Google problem and not me (or Johnny) doing something wrong?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Are you entering the terms in the search box on the Google home page or through a toolbar?

(Looking at the error message, it seems Google suspects someone has modified page or toolbar to use Google's custom search in order to try and generate revenue.)

paul w [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Same problem I had onspeed which I have uninstaled & it is fine now

Bryan Hancock [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I have same problem Other two pcs in wireless network OK. Searching on
good ones indicates IP address 212.100.250.217 is a spammer.Looks like weve been invaded. Any ideas how to get rid of this seems to be acting as a server

Bryan Hancock [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Can confirm that disabling onspeed works just exit no need to uninstall. Suggest that we all email onspeed re this problem

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!