Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Formatting Change?

Jeremy Felt [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, May 9, 2007
17 years ago2,859 views

I've been looking and looking and I can't find any matches to the way that Google just started formatting my search results a little bit ago (30 minutes).

Most searches put the # of pages returned all the way to the left, then display a white box on the right with relevant images/video/blogs/news searches and related search terms.

Screenshot here:

http://www.ramblewords.com/2007/05/09/new-google-results-formatting/

Let me know if I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's new. Either way, I kind of like it so far.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting layout there. I wonder why I never get any of these layouts in my searches.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No its not that new. I have seen it here before.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

James is right. There have been a couple of threads about this before.

I wish Google would name / number these interfaces so that people could refer them with some consistency. It's not easy for the average user to get the PREF ID from their cookie and post it for every new interface that's spotted!

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

When Google tests a new interface like this one on a subset of users, what metric do you think they use to evaluate it?

Percentage of successful searches, as measured by an eventual click on a search result? Something else?

Jeremy Felt [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I figured as much, but didn't find anything.

BTW, PREF ID on this one is d1f4af250b3e1c65 as far as I can tell.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!