Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Trial Interface

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, May 9, 2007
17 years ago2,874 views

Google appears to be testing another new interface, a fairly clean / minimalist one

(Ignore the low number of results, I have cropped the image)

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/2111/googyl8.jpg

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Originally moved here:

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/92990.html

Now moved back...]

17 years ago #

This seems to be a slightly different version in that:

Navigation Links are in the 'standard' place
Lack of related searches

But yes, I suppose it does belong in this thread

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sorry Stephen, you're right... the differences are so subtle that I totally overlooked them!

17 years ago #

Got to be the first time I've seen a post / thread moved twice.

I'm not sure how Google are choosing how to show this, as I get it for some searches an not for others

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah ?I kinda found this thread freaky.. It was there and then disappeared and reappeared :)-

I think someone once mentioned here that every new UI for SERP, needs to be tagged with some sort of version#. I think they should have that and also have a small rating button which sez.. do you like this screen and collect that information to see how the users feel about these new prototypes..

I feel that there are just too many UI's floating around on trial basis..!!

17 years ago #

/pd, I fully agree with the version# and rating system. Not sure how Google gathers any useful information with it's current system, as I'll (and many other I suppose) will use the Google SERP no matter what form it takes on

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think it's a good idea to have a Search Tips link.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

=="will use the Google SERP no matter what form it takes on"

Stephen, yeah I agree.. but why then is there the need to push variants down the pipeline ? IMO, it is to see how users interact with the UI, the easiest way is to propagate the new UI, either in control or non control method and let the users recommend via rating system

Just having a new UI (one time display) does not really have much value from a usability prospective

..anyhoot..thats just my 2cents..

remember, a UI thats fits the asia demographics may not hold true for users in NA or EU.. :)-

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Does anyone know the PREFID for the Green Bars UI?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!