Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Windows Live Hotmail- opinions

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 10, 2007
17 years ago3,167 views

I am demoing it just to see what's its like. I tried the initial betas- one of the worst I have ever seen. Now, they seem to have cleaned it up. Boy does it load fast. Way faster than Yahoo Beta, and on a par with GM.

Opinions?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

solly.. but you asked.. Opinions :)-

hotmail sucks.. I can never imagine going back to hotmail.. even if they have a new product, which is better then GM / YMail..

its called as brand loyalty..personal flavour

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can't stand any mail application/service that doesn't thread email's like Gmail. Since switching to Gmail it has quite possibly become the most useful feature and I can't get back to using the "old-fashioned" way.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I am sick and tired of entering the @hotmail.com part and the spams M$ keep sending me.

This explains the rest: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/11/screen-estate-in-webmail-applications.html

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's quite weird, but I've never known anything else but Gmail. I have had a hotmail account (or five) for a long time, but they've only been used for MSN access.

Having said that, I have tried the new Live Hotmail. And I absolutely hate it. It's slow, it can't block spam to save its soul, and ultimately, it's just useless when you've got a Google account.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I agree with mambo. I got an important email to my old hotmail account from my parents at home and when I logged in the UI is like Outlook, which is too businessy for me. They shouldn't make it businessy because how many businesses will send mail which has

At the end?

[Edited to fix layout – Tony]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!