Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Reader and iGoogle failing in IE

Tue Abrahamsen [PersonRank 7]

Friday, May 11, 2007
17 years ago2,893 views

Hi,
I have a problem on a few of the computers we have at work. Google Reader and iGoogle stops loading before they are finished, with some javascript errors. All the computers are supposed to have the same software, so it makes no sense to me.

Have anybody else seen this before, and perhaps have a solution?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Mabey javascript is turned off in browser options. Is this a new thing or have they worked on the computers recently?

17 years ago #

Im the only one using Googles services here, but it has been happening since I started (about 8 months ago) on a few selected computers (I move around a lot).

Javascript is not turned off.

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

*Resists ugre to blame IE...*

Have you run malware (spyware, adware, virus etc) scans? I had a similar problem on a unpatched testing machine caused by adware

17 years ago #

No, I'm unfornately not allowed to download and/or install programs at work. Might get the IT-department to look at it though. The only problem is that they don't really error-check problems on the computers, when the problems are not related to work.

17 years ago #

Found the problem... On some of the computers, IE5.5 is installed. This should be what causes the problem.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!