Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The New Google Homepage in Perspective  (View post)

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
17 years ago5,195 views

Good compare. Should research again. Maybe someday, Google can be used as a local software also.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I miss having AdSense, Analytics, AdWords and webmaster central in all of these re built navigations.

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As Elias pointed out, we'd love to see more service or at least a personalization feature.

As far as the new interface goes, I love it. (Specially the bar that displays the number of Results).

honkerdown [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I just wish the bar would stay consistent, and preferably be configurable by the user.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/510809540_29e1df508c_o.jpg
vs.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/510809536_1747351053_o.jpg

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What do these two pics indicate Stefan?

Juanpa [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Maybe google will buy Firefox and integrates those shortcuts to the browser menu....mmmm

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

hmmm.. Google virtually own firefox allready. Mabey in FF3? The Google Toolbar 2.0: Firefox Edition Gold, M$ style :)

t xensen [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

With the previous homepage if I put something in the search box and then clicked on "images" they text would remain and it would take only one click ("search images") to launch the search. Now I have to mouse up the page, and when I click on "images" the text in the search box is erased and has to be retyped.

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Maybe google will buy Firefox and integrates those shortcuts to the browser menu....mmmm"

You can already do this yourself... it's called "Bookmarks." ;-D

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I believe, someday, there will be a Google Operate System.

Perhaps Google's Products to many, make its users at loose ends.Google. So, when trying to conformity all products, UI changing often. It's danger is on the changing gradually.

Compared with Apple Lisa OS, we can see that Google OS hatching, But, Google does not notice, this developing gradully, very very dangerous.

Everyone can see what the Google looking like in the future. Including Microsoft. Microsoft can creat a revolution OS before Google ending his alway beta on their operating system.

Beta make Google, and, Beta kill Google.

Before Google does know his speed is faster than Microsoft or not, he awake Microsoft to join this race. Do you think, this time Google will be still faster than Microsoft

If Microsoft, Google will not lost everything, but, Microsoft will have chance to be TOP 1 at internet again.

don [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

i prefer the old google layout, but love the new dropdown menu. So if they could move the bar to BELOW the google logo it would be fine!

feels kinda akward going to the top of my screen to find the "news" tab

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!