Google Blogoscoped

Forum

iG themes

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 24, 2007
17 years ago7,818 views

*How many use the new themes?

*Will there be updates?

*Does the fact that it still shows the sun shining @ 902p PT bother anyone else besides me?

BTW, the official iG logo from their slideshow looks great as a desktop.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't use so much iG, but my chosen theme is Tea House. Right now, the little ...fox? is sleeping, and it's not something to be entertained with, but it works quite well.
Google said they will do lots of themes and ho ho ho merry christmas, but we'll wait till they bring a couple new themes.
The sun rise/set is according to your time configuration, be sure you selected it properly. Anyway, if you want to see the sunset, look away from your monitor, search for a window (not a computer one, I mean those.. real windows) and look outside, it'll be better than being realying on iGoogle.

17 years ago #

Nope, zip code is correct, time is correct, but it's daytime on the West Coast. At 931pm. LOL.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< *How many use the new themes? >>

I do :)

<< *Will there be updates? >>

I believe so.

<< *Does the fact that it still shows the sun shining @ 902p PT bother anyone else besides me? >>

Yes, it bothers me too sometimes. :/

<< BTW, the official iG logo from their slideshow looks great as a
desktop. >>

It's on my desktop as well! (the black & white logo though)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't use IG as default. The last time I checked it was still loading slower than normal Google.com, so until they fix that I won't consider... however I regularly use it when I need a certain widget (Flickr Creative Commons search...).

17 years ago #

Philipp,
Google.com loads faster than iG because it has no gadgets. Isn't it?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think that until we get a new Gmail module on iGoogle you should check out http://netvibes.com . It is much faster for me and is really nice and responsive. Although you cant get your google reader bits in quite the same way as on iGoogle the RSS is really snappy and the tabs are much better.

17 years ago #

Musta missed it. what black and white logo?

It's on my desktop as well! (the black & white logo though)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Sam,
I tried netvibes but I thought it was too cluttered. I prefer http://pageflakes.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Google.com loads faster than iG because it
> has no gadgets. Isn't it?

No, it was slower even when the gadgets didn't do anything. Of course the whole technology behind delivering the IG might cause the lag.

But maybe Google fixed this issue by now, I didn't check for some time and checking right now, it works quite fast...

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes, using it daily with about a dozen gadgets (weather, calendar, reader, Gmail, and a bunch of RSS feeds) I haven't had any significant lag in most cases.

In fact, it seems like if it has issues with load time for a specific gadget, it abandons loading the gadget altogether. Sometimes the Gmail gadget will show that it could not connect and you have to refresh the page to make your emails appear, and I've seen the Google Reader gadget have similar behavior, on rare occasion.

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Brinke :
I made myself a black & white logo.
Here it is :
http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/14986/2004735913362168956_rs.jpg

(Just make sure your desktop background is black)

17 years ago #

ah, 'tanks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!