Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Chicken Soup for the Office Worker's Soul  (View post)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
17 years ago4,441 views

I thought it would turn out that Andy's wife had been sleeping with his boss. the ending left me confused

Johann [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Wow. That sounds amazing like my ex-wife.

Bernard Girard [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The conclusion of this very nice story sounds like an illustration of Michael Gerber's theory on entrepreneurship he exposes in "The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It."

One sentence from this book : “What the technician who runs the company wants is not growth or change, but exactly the opposite. He wants a place to go to work, free to do what he wants, free from the constraints of working for the Boss.”

Lorie Therese Locara [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

hi. as a girl, and a future wife, i know what it feels to want to push a man to be the best he can be. it's not for me, but to know that he'll be able to feel satisfied that he did excellent work, is enough for me. i will not go to the lengths of that wife in the story. all i want is that my man will be satisfied with his job, his career and his life. but to be in a constant state of dissatisfaction like that woman? um, she needs to get a shrink. i commend the man for finally becoming a florist. :) even humble work, if excellently done and with complete contentment, is a blessing.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!