.|.
___

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why? It looks great
Thank you Jake

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's even less noticeable than the yellow!
EViL
|><|
   .|.
___

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

|><|
   .|.
____

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If they give me the information I need, I don't care about the colors.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< It's even less noticeable than the yellow! >>

I can agree with that, but i disagree it's evil .

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What about ordering ads by relevancy, like ordinary results? That could be an interesting option.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's not already the case? I think Google display the most pertinent ads at top, even if they are less expensive than others.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< What about ordering ads by relevancy, like ordinary results? >>

That's actually one of the reasons behind the success of Google ads. Since the major revision of their ad network in around 2002, their ads have a "quality score", so relevancy can be judged by the page's content, as well as the ads content.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Are you sure that relevancy==quality score?

<< This score is determined by your keyword's clickthrough rate (CTR) on Google, and the relevance of your ad text, keyword, and landing page. >>

I just wanted to rank the ads based on the relevancy of the landing page. Not the CTR or the ad text or something else.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]James Xuan: There's a trade-off between how much you want to emphasize that those ads are ads, not results, and how intrusive you want your ads to be. While the choice of gray makes the sponsored links look more like normal results, it's also less intrusive to the user than yellow.

In any case, whether or not intrusiveness outweighs disclosure, I don't think it's "evil" and certainly not making an extra post just to make another face.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!