Google Blogoscoped

Forum

IE Vulnerability Allows Cookie Stealing  (View post)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 6, 2007
17 years ago3,735 views

There were also some vulnerabilities in Firefox that were announced this week. The scary part was some non windows versions of Firefox were susceptible to the flaws.

17 years ago #

This is where I read about it and tested the demo code. The Firefox vulnerabilities don't include cookie stealing but they do include the possibility of someone installing something on your machine without your consent as well as keyboard snooping.

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2007/Jun/0026.html

Shirish [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Hi Philipp,
This is off-topic post, since there is no active post on this topic.
This is regarding your your post in which you mocked at Dr. APJ Kalam.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2005-10-16-n67.html
I am wondering how "an American" feels now, in the wake of JFK plot!

Peace!

Shirish [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Btw, I assume you are an American. I may be wrong!

Marcin Sochacki (Wanted) [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Shirish: huh, I guess you're right. In the last sentence, I mean...

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Shirish – Philipp is not an American, but I am. I still feel services like Google Earth and Google Maps should be freely available to the public. Just because a few bad individuals might use it for evil means doesn't mean the rest of the world should lose access to it. Both services aren't even up to date with satellite imagery. So its not as if they are getting fresh satellite images every time they search.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> So its not as if they are getting fresh satellite images every time they search.

I'm sure they will... maybe even very soon. But that's not the point. Pencils and post-it notes are likely to be further developed too, and we don't say that "well, pens are not usable under water, so there is little risk submarine terrorists will use them". By making this argument, you expose yourself to a counterattack when realtime imagery becomes the norm. Much better is to keep the perspective.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!