Google Blogoscoped

Forum

ClickComments

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 6, 2007
12 years ago2,055 views

Here is a new thing called ClickComments. Instead of having to type comments and add you name,email and webpage as some sites ask you just click the corrosponding button;Cool Stuff, Inspired Me, Entertaining, Write More, Creative, Insightful, Touched My Heart and Great Find.

Its Demonstrated at my blog mysoftwarerecommendations.co.s ... .Go and ClickComment and don't forget to email suggestions for articles to me at xuanjames[put at-character here]gmail.com and add me to your google talk and/or orkut (James Xuan)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Interesting concept. Maybe the interface could be optimized, like a Digg drop-drop (with more choices than Digg), as the icons are pretty non-self-explanatory so you gotta hover over them anyway and read the text...

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

As far as I see it, comment systems are really for the readers to add more relevant information. The buttons may lead some readers to click a button and decide that they had already left the equivalent of a comment, losing potential comments you may have gotten.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Interesting.

I'm with Eytan on this one though, I don't see a benefit in encouraging people to leave the equivalent of one word comments. Slippery slope to buttons for 'first!' and 'Me too!' :)

I think StumbleUpon has got this one pretty spot on. Liked or Disliked – combined with a category (and maybe some tags).

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!