Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Are you racist?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 7, 2007
17 years ago2,815 views

<< The human subconscious is a scary place. It’s an invisible warehouse, full of ideas that many attempt to suppress and ignore. >>

http://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I believe I read about tests like these in the (excellent) book "Blink". Possible caveat: test might be skewed because of association of "black-the-color" (not skin) with negative things like "blackhat", "black magic", "dark ages" etc. (whether that in itself is racism or rooted in former racism or rooted in something entirely else deserves analysis I guess). But I'm not sure, I didn't check the test yet...

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I got "Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American.", but this test is rather odd. First (and during most of the test) they try to make a connection in your mind between evil and afro-american, and then they check if you have this connection...

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Same here, Ludwik... It's more like a reflection test IMO.

Mother Earth [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

You can also find puzzles in Blink.
there are two ropes hanging each sides. if u stay near one rope u cant get the another.so the puzzle is u need to tie a knot between two ropes without using third rope .
   how do you get the second rope without moving from first rope. :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!