Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Flickr Censored in China?  (View post)

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

Friday, June 8, 2007
17 years ago4,439 views

i get some report about this yestoday, and i experienced this today. and now, it is 22.22 [ beijing time] , shellehs can see the photos. look like it is uncensored.

i dont know if the other area of china uncensored either.

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

o dont know if it is temporary.

but, seem now "blogspot" is blocked

i , ok , i have nothing to say.

ian [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Is the same flickr that is part of yahoo, that passed information to the chinese government to enable them to jail a dissident?

If the supporters of the regime get this treatment, heaven help the rest of us.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yahoo china supply similar service, consider of Flickr Chinese version. Guess that it is the same version for why Google.com was banned and forced the users use Google.cn

Lin [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Flickr Chinese users uploaded tons of pictures of a recent protest in Xiamen against the governmental action of setting up a chemical plant too close to people's living area, therefore flickr was banned.

I heart Google for coming to China, even though they have to adapt to a filtered database. The internet is a powerful tool, and once the door is open, even if for just a little bit, people will find their way to the information they want.

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

now,is blocked again。

sheniferous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

if you use firefox, just download the "access flickr" extension and you'll be all set!

sleepinghead [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

thx for the tip sheniferous

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!