Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT but gross] Israels Automated Killzones

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Monday, June 11, 2007
17 years ago3,816 views

Karina from mobuzzTV http://dailybuzz.mobuzz.tv reports on Israels automated killzones to stop palestinian militants entering Israel:

[...]I mean, people could be doing a lot darker, scarier thing with technology. And for that we go to Israel,

where they've come up with quite an interesting technological solution to keeping Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip from crossing the Israeli border.

Automated kill zones! Eh! How do you like the sound of that? Robotic snipers all along the 60 kilometer border.

Machine guns mounted along the fence could use sensors to detect and shoot anything caught moving in a 1500 meter deep "no-go" zone.

Ideally humans wouldn't be involved at all...in the decision to shoot and probably kill other humans. I think I preferred the weird cow tongues.[...]

In the comments amoscare says:

>that automated killing zone thing really creeps me out I can't believe >governments waste money in such stupid things like that, on the other >hand those cow tongues are really funny in a creepy way

While TimberA states:

>For many years, military organizations have had automated targeting >weapons systems, but this would be the first always-on and fire-away >system that I've heard of. Reminds me of the Terminator movies.

To which Fungus replies:
I
   am reminded of RoboCop and the ED-209. I think that killing people should be left to the professionals. As strange as that sounds, at least a person can not pull the trigger.

I think this is really sick and really makes me feel bad inside. I'd like to see what David has to say since he lives there.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

James, Israel has the right to defend herself. Israel will do anything to stop terrorism.

<< Machine guns mounted along the fence could use sensors to detect and shoot anything caught moving in a 1500 meter deep "no-go" zone. >>

There are no machine guns on the fence. There are just cameras which documents every movement. Plus, there are sensors on the fence for detecting people who try to climb on the fence to commit suicide bombings in the Israeli border.

If a Palestine mother hands out candies in her boy's funeral (After he killed himself in a suicide mission), i don't think they're better people.

Just for the record, Israel DO NOT kill people just for fun. We DO NOT kill women nor children. We kill only wanted people that Israel sees as a threat.

I hope you've realized what Israel is doing James. This is a never ending war, and we must defend ourselves.

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]David: Well said. My hat is definitely off to you bro.

17 years ago #

17 years ago #

I was not taking a side David. I was just saying that these planned machines (viewable at mobuzz) are disgusting.

17 years ago #

Also, I do not understand this war, what is it about. Unfortunately I never knew. Who started it?

17 years ago #

It started from itself.
The Arabs wants Jerusalem and establish their own country here in Israel, and since we already have our own country, we won't let them.
So they try taking it away from us by suicide bombings.

17 years ago #

Off topic:
The Hitler video really made me laugh!!! :D

17 years ago #

Yeah, thanks for the war info. They are greedy pigs.

17 years ago #

Sure is! :)

17 years ago #

Here's a funny video about suicide bombings for volkswagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6rBrJhWAfk

from http://flumesday.com/102906racist.html

17 years ago #

lolllllll!!!!!!

Well, they're more smart here.. (even though Israel has blocked them for more than a year now)

17 years ago #

Israel should give all suicide bombers free polos

17 years ago #

lollllllllllllllllllll

I'm sure they thought about that! :P

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Also, I do not understand this war, what is it about.
> Unfortunately I never knew. Who started it?

A potentially helpful pointer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli-Palestinian_conflict

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Although I clearly have a pretty biased opinion, you would be shocked how much of the conflict is unrepresented internationally. As David pointed out, there are only cameras, not automated terminator guns. The fact is that no other country in the world tolerates constant infiltrations without mas responses. Just to paint a picture, can you envision Mexico occasionally hurling missiles at Texas and sending banditos over, with civilians as the target with America not responding?
I am not saying that Israel is 100% justified in its actions...but for some reason Israel has become the only country whose sovereignty is not taken for granted. The general modus operendi of Palestinian militants is to hide behind civilians (which leads to more civ casualties among them) while targeting Israeli civilians.

I realize how ridiculous this all sounds and that anything I say here will be taken with a grain of salt, if taken at all. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest – call it my 20% of politics in the 80% of pure goodness on this board.

17 years ago #

I support every word Eytan! :)

17 years ago #

It's sad how the world works.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> The Arabs wants Jerusalem and establish their own country
> here in Israel, and since we already have our own country,
> we won't let them.

Yeaaaah? Let mi present the other side's point of view:

"The Jews wants our Holly City Jerusalem and establish their own country here, on our land. And since we already have lived here for centuries we won't let them."

Don't get me wrong. My ancestors was a Jews and I'm a member of organization for young Jews, here in Poland. But that was the most single-minded description I've ever heard. I don't want to start a discussion about this war here. And I don't stood on neither side. I just wanted to say that this is *extremely* complicated issue and that both sides have their reasons. To say otherwise is just stupid.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!