Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Dell Making and Selling Google Search Appliance

or [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 21, 2007
17 years ago3,374 views

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2007/06/google-sells-hardware.html

Frankly, to me this is a big deal, and hardly anybody noticed. I actually saw the Dell advertisement with a yellow Google Mini, and thought that it was a Google advertisement until I saw the blog post about it. Dell is now making the hardware for the Google Search Appliance, promoting it, and selling it worldwide. This distribution of Google Search Appliance through Dell opens the door wider for it to become the number one enterprise search solution world wide. It seems to me Google is using some Microsoft strategies here.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Saw it, read it, just another promotional post from Google Enterprise Blog...
<<I didn’t know Google makes hardware.>>

or [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's not that simple. Dell is building the Google Search appliance, all google is doing now is providing the software. Dell will be promoting and sellng it. Think Dell making PCs with Windows OS. Only difference is Dell is keeping the google look.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's not the first time they're cooperating together.
See here:

http://www.google.com/ig/dell

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Don't Google have a stake in dell. New computers from dell have desktop and toolbar pre-installed

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, you're right James.

or [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I guess not much people see the implications of this. I know about Dell partnership with google for the toolbar and so on, but thjose are consumer product. But this is a major partnership for an enterprise product.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!