Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Continues Domain Name Transfers

gary price [PersonRank 10]

Monday, August 7, 2006
17 years ago4,913 views

Steady Stream of Domain Names Continue to Transfer to Google

The Google name game continues. New or transferred Google domain names continue to hit the WHOIS databases. Here are a few more domain names that have been updated to WHOIS since out last update. Most of these domain names are typos involving the Google name.

+ Recent additions since our last update:
Sitemaps.org (Transferred to Google on August 2nd, 2006 after being registered to a Washigton D.C. firm)

+ Domains transferred to Google Name Servers on August 2nd, 2006.
All of these domains are now registered to Google Inc.
One has to wonder if Google is beginning to go after domain squatters who registered Google “sounding like” names in the past.

+ earth-gogle.com
This site was registered by a person in Canada last year and was recently transferred to Google.

While we were unable to check each of the following domains, most seemed to have been registered September, 2005 and we just transfered to Google
+ earth-googl.com
+ earth-goole.com
+ earthgogel.com
+ gogel-earth.com
+ gogelmusic.com
+ goggle-music.com
+ gogglebuy.com
+ goggleearht.com
+ goggleeath.com
+ gogelmusic.com
+ goggleriya.com

Many more listed here:
http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/08/07/steady-stream-of-domain-names-continue-to-transfer-to-google/

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Getting ready for a big time Google Music app? (Other than the Google Music onebox we already have.)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Riya??? Is the deal for real??

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I thin all these were parked domians that were used for adwords/adsense by other parties.. google is slowly roping this in and coverin all bases!!

17 years ago #

/pd
you are on target. If you read my ResourceShelf.com post that's precisely what I have to say.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

why are comments closed here ?

http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/08/07/steady-stream-of-domain-names-continue-to-transfer-to-google/#more-7735

17 years ago #

Bit of a screw up. After getting bombarded with spam and since moving to our new system (from Blogger to Word Press) we don't offer comments. However, our sister site, Free Pint has a very active message board service. Of course, if I can be of any personal assistance, just holler.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!