Tuesday, November 18, 2003
Spammers make use of the popularity of Google by reserving top-level domain names based on misspellings of “Google”.
According to “Goggle”, the Top 5 are: Google, Gogle, Googel, Googl, and Googlr,
Here’s an overview of misspellings and where they lead to:
- www.googl.com - A search site.
- www.oogle.com - First a search engine, then forward to adult content.
- www.googlee.com - A spam portal.
- www.googel.com - Google itself.
- wwwgoogle.com - Google again.
- www.gooogle.com - Google.
- www.gogle.com - Google Inc.
- www.giigle.com - A spam portal.
- www.googlde.de - Adult content.
- www.googel.de - Google Germany.
- www.goofle.com - File not found.
- www.goohle.com - Link-infested spam portal Unigod.
- www.hoogle.com - Again, file not found.
- www.googlee.com - Another spam portal.
- www.gougle.com - A spam link page with some adult links and lots of gambling topics.
- www.googke.com - You don’t want to visit this page as a dozen “Bookmark this page?” pop-ups are started.
- www.gppgle.com - Nothing returned from this domain except another auto-bookmark pop-up.
- www.foogle.com - Page not found.
- www.goodle.com - A hit-counter with Flash-intro. Korean L&J Corporations claim they “produce and dispose of inner GOODLE.” (Only inner GOODLE “meets thermal efficiency in building law.”)
- www.gople.com - Looks like an asian portal site.
- www.goovle.com - A German-language dating system with search-facility.
- www.gootle.com - Yet another domain squatter forwarding to his web space.
- www.goorle.com - The heading reads “Google search engine”, but the design reveals its not. Lots of link on search engine placement and optimization. Plus, they are selling their domain!
- www.gooyle.com - This spam attempt doesn’t yet have a site configured at the address (forwards to Banch.com).
- www.gooble.com - Nothing here.
- www.foofle.com - Actually, Google itself. Must be a popular misspelling!
- www.gkkle.com - Nope. Empty.
- www.hoohle.com - Another spam portal. The design looks familiar.
- www.goolge.com - Google itself.
- www.google.com - Hit-the-bear-and-win spam.
- www.googlr.com - File not found.
>> More posts
This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!