Saturday, January 29, 2005
Tools You Might Have Missed
Here is a collection of research tools I made, as you might have missed them the first time around. Many of them access the Google API, some access the Yahoo API.
- Actors: What roles does an actor play?
- LinkZoom: Enter your URL
to see links zoomed in a slideshow.
- Web of Letters: Spell words using images found on the web. This tool uses the Yahoo API.
- AnyRank: Find the CurseRank, GeekRank, NaughtyRank, or IntellectRank for your URL.
- Neighborsearch: Searches within pages linked from a site.
- Moviebot: See automated movie ratings, like for “Terminator.”
- Google Mini: A small version of Google (IE-only).
- Google Rotated: A rotated version of Google (IE-only).
- The Google Family Tree: See relatives of any famous person.
- Ageshare: In which age group do keywords like “ice cream” appear most often?
- Categorizer: Automatically find a category for your keywords.
- FindForward: Collects many different search tools from this blog.
- Citybrowser: Find out everything about a city.
- The Google Encyclopedia: Data-mining through search engines.
- Auto-linker: Automatically insert links into any text.
- Domain Generator: Get a random domain name.
- Google Years: Show the PageCount for the years 1000-2100.
- Illusionizer: Replaces the images on any page by matching Google Images results.
- Memomarker: Get the “Googlonym" for any URL or text.
- PageBoost: Get only positive reviews for your URL.
- Permutator: Find variations for any URL.
- PersonMap: Which character traits most closely describe you or another person? The nearer an attribute is to the center, the more fitting it is.
- Image Quiz: My stats tell me this is the most popular page here ever.
- Quote Finder: Check if a source is original or taken from somewhere else.
- Random page: Takes random words, googles them, and redirects you to the first page found.
- Random Book: Grabs a random book, CD, DVD, or VHS from Amazon.
- Random Ego-Googler: Find a random person on the web.
- Memecodes: Darwinistic random page genes in a battle for search engine attention.
- Search Grid: Truly two-dimensional search results.
- Stereoscopic ASCII vision: Create one of those images you need to gaze on for a minute to see them in 3D.
- Google Suggests: Find out what options Google Suggest offers.
- Word Popularity Colorizer: Visualize how frequent keywords are relative to the context they appear in.
- Theorybot: Random theories on the click of a button.
- Egobot: Talk to the web through Egobot.
- The Google Couch Potato: Infinitely stream Google Videos.
- Random Yahoo Images: See random image compositions.
- Keyword Variations: Finds site with variants of your keyword.
>> More posts
This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!