Thursday, October 19, 2006
Suggestions for New Google Operators
Google has the search operators link, site, inurl, intitle
, and a couple more. But here’s some I want to see which are still missing:
- alllinks:example.com - shows all (absolutely all) links pointing to a certain domain, ordered by the PageRank of the referring site
- invalid:example.com - shows pages of a certain domain not validating per W3C guidelines
- invalidstrict:example.com - a validator as above, but it additionally shows everything that’s not conforming to the newest W3C recommendations
- images:example.com - I know I can click on Google Image search and then use the site operator, but why not create a shortcut?
- inlink:foo - returns only pages that use “foo” as the link text
- inheader:foo - returns only pages that use “foo” in some headline (h1, h2 and so on)
- inalt:foo - returns only pages including images with a certain alt-text
- hot:example.com - shows pages of a domain which gained the most backlinks from other sites during the last 7 days
- new:example.com - shows the pages which recently changed on a specific site
- whois:example.com - returns domain information on Example.com
- pagerank:example.com - orders all pages of a certain domain by PageRank (highest PR first), and displays the green bar icon next to titles in the SERPs
- adult:example.com - returns only pages (of a specific site) which didn’t pass Google’s SafeSearch filter
... do you have other suggestions?
>> More posts
This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!