Friday, August 29, 2008
The Google Android Challenge Winners
Google announced the winners of the first phase of the Android Developer Challenge. Android
is the mobile operating system and software library to-be pushed by Google and others. Here are some of the ideas whose creators received $275,000
(the $100,000 winners are available on Google’s page as well):
- Cab4me: Helps you to find a taxi.
- CompareEverywhere: A price comparison engine and review reader.
- Ecorio: Aims to track your carbon footprint.
- GoCart: Lets you scan a product barcode to then find out where to buy this near-by.
- Life360: This seems to be a social network for your neighborhood to post important alerts (like “dog ran away” or “house on fire”).
- Locale: This tool automatically changes your phone’s setting based on where you are. (Not novel, but perhaps useful.)
- PicSay: A picture editor which comes with color correction, distortion tools and more, as well as sharing features.
- Softrace: Compare with others around the world in physical activities like racing.
- TuneWiki: A self-proclaimed social media player, with synchronized lyrics, translation, music maps and more.
- Wertago: A social tool aiming to let you find the “hottest parties in town.”
A second phase of the contest is coming up. Google says it “will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available”.
[Via Michael Leggett.]
>> More posts
This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!