Note internally, Google for years also uses something called GDrive/ Platypus, but I don't know how much this has to do with above product (it may be possible that the two only share the name; it may be possible they are more closely related).
In related news, the document titled "GDrive on Cosmo Getting Started Guide" – which we recently reported on after discovering bits of it – has now been published as a full PDF by the German Google Is Watching You blog. The GIWY blogger says he got hold of this document through an anonymous source. The document is for internal use, containing bits like the following:
How to Share
We're working on the sharing UI workflow in the client but it's not quite done yet, so as a work around you can do the following to share folders and files from the client
* Make sure the files you want to share are on GDrive (g:\), you can just drag them on using Windows explorer if they're not already
* Visit the WebUI (http://w.svc-1.google.com/a/google.com )
* Select the folder or file you would like to share
* Click the "Share" button in the WebUI toolbar
* Type in the username/email address of the people you would like to share with and click "Send"
[Thanks Brian and GIWY!]
>> More posts