Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Breaking Up With Google  (View post)

Hatem [PersonRank 2]

Saturday, October 1, 2005
18 years ago

Interesting post Philipp, even with using google everyday it still scaring me to have a job at google. I think i'll make a pros/cons list to decide

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'd love to work at Google, but then I'd surely have to stop blogging here... and that's the killer-con.

Mihai Parparita [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Based on the "Blogs by Googlers" list on the official Google blog, I wouldn't be so sure you'd have to stop blogging.

18 years ago #

Maybe I could go on blogging, but certainly not in the direction of "Google scoops"...

Michael [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Perhaps it's time to dismiss "not evil" as just being marketing spin. The new "optimized" adwords system is just a way of pulling more bucks out of advertisers pockets. The recent banning of CNet employees who were a bit too Google-savvy stinks.

Google has become too big, too powerfull and too rich to not be evil. Ask anyone (on wallstreet /;-)

Power corrupts and total power corrupts totally. Google is, unfortunately, no exception

18 years ago #

You are right, the CNet issue was quite evil. Also, Google going along with the Chinese censorship demands for Google News China is sort of to the evil side (it's not a clear-cut issue, but it's definitly not a very moral stance). On average, I think Google's still doing better than most other web companies its size.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!