Google Blogoscoped

Forum

MySpace User Found Dead  (View post)

Quentin [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, October 9, 2005
18 years ago

After a bit of poking around, the photos are still on DeviantArt, it's just the pages that reference them that aren't:

http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/106/b/9/Taylor_in_the_sun___3_by_skulz.jpg
http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/106/3/7/Taylor_in_the_sun_by_skulz.jpg
http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/107/d/8/Taylor_on_Belle_Isle_by_skulz.jpg
http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/106/4/d/Taylor_under_a_tree_by_skulz.jpg
http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/112/5/b/_by_skulz.jpg
http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/106/2/f/Taylor_in_the_sun___2_by_skulz.jpg

--Quentin

stephanie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

wow this is crazy! i
’m on myspace like every day and i never imagined that any thing like this would happen.

Tabatha [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

This is very sad and upsetting, I go on myspace everyday....I am happy to say that now I will only talk to people I have known before I started....

Kelsey [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

omg this is soo sad... i dont understand why someone would even WANT to dfo this.. i love myspace and i go on it more then 2 times a day ... and now i took most pictures off tht show my whole body .. and one tht have just my head... this is scarey and whenever i get a request form some random guy .. i immediatly deate them... i feel really sorry for this girl... :(

helen [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

omfg i go on myspace all the time :O i cant belive it... im sposed to be in an english lesson at the mooment and a nearly cried when i read this story.. how could it have happened. and shouldnt her mother have been checking like over her shoulder or summit?

Kaylor (this IS my real name) [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think its safe to say that tragedy is always tragic, as tragedy usually is. Nevertheless, although I cannot say I know how those who have been touched by Taylor feel, I can say I can only try to begin to imagine what a hole she has left in the lifes who have cared for her.
It's impossible to determine exactly how cautious one must be these days, and what a person should do in order to filter out the individuals or things we let into our life. The fact that the internet and the network of friends we make in cyberspace has become so involved in our real lives that the differences begin to blur makes the situation even more convoluted than we would have liked.
This is a learning experience that will teach some, and fuel others into proving something like this won't happen to them, and so the cycle shall continue.
Although a sense of shelter, and of safety is now lost for Taylor, I can only hope that those she has left behind find their way.

Regards.

:- [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Ok, Now.. This is a horrible tragity and i wish the best for all of the family and friends of Taylor. From all the news articles on this it appears that she was a completely amazing girl :-(

However, to the people who read this and assume she was a myspace target, she was not. There is and was never a connection between myspace and her murder. The connection is, when the family was interviewed they explained that the friends of Taylor left there messages to her, such as "I will miss you" on her MySpace Account.

me [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

i LOVEEEEEE myspace and stuff but this is scary im luck tho!the thing things that im younger then 14 and has blocked my myspace from any users that are bot my friends!i used to try to get it off and nothing seemed to work!then i heard this story and was thankful for it!so just make it private!go to your acc settings and put (ONLY MY FRIENDS ARE ALLOWED TO VEIW MY PROFILE)it workd trust me :<)

Sarah [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Im very sry to hear bout this and this is exactly why i dont have a myspace i think these things are just stupid and people like her shuldnt even be talking to people she dosnt know let a lone dating them... so all of you that are still living out there just stop with these things bcuz there are weird people like that out there that will hurt you and even if you dont believe it well theres ur proof right there so just STOP with these thing b4 ur not here tomorrow to live the rest of ur life...im very sry for this tradgedy and i deeply feel her family and friends sorrow...may you rest in peace

Eddie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

In reply to sarah's post. Alot of people are starting to get into the swing of myspace, and it has become a reknown space of addaptation. But that does not lead to the oncoming of outgoing events. People just need to watch out for themselves, myspace for me delivers me the communication to my friends from florida, california, and the united kingdom. For me it is just a common communication method, for me it is an e-mail but a motion of ongoing events such as profile advantages and giving a sence of structure and charateristic. I really feel sorry for the girl and her family but i cannot express the frustration of people "meeting" other people from myspace. Its intolerable. Im really sorry again for all this. Its a tragedy and a sadness that can not only be described as "i wish this shouldnt have happened"

Taylor [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i get on alot during that day(when im home atleast) anyways i feel sorry for this girl but it isnt becuase of mysapce it is because she made a stupid decision and met up with this guy. I can admit that i have met some of my friends from myspace but it has only been at like local shows that we both go to or somone that my friend knew way before me (they met from school). But anyaways people need to take more percaution on who they meet and who they talk to!
But yeah like i said i am sorry for this girl!

brandon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i don't believe it

Rich [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

My 16-year-old daughter started on myspace about 2 months ago without our knowledge. Once we found out and started looking into it we realized she had already given two guys all of her personal information. We would never allow a stranger to walk into our home yet now there are at least two that know where she lives and that she has a younger sister. Now that these guys know I know about them they have vanished. We need to watch our kids! They get so caught up in the fantasy that the Internet offers that they can not see the difference in real and fake.

I feel for the friends and family of this young girl, they will never see who she would have become. May the world be touched by her sacrifice and because of her may many others be protected from the ugliness of the few.

Watch you children...be involved...they really do want you to care.

hope [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i feel really sorry for her and imma pray!

Ashley [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i want to make my myspace private but i don't know how...... and i need help... bc when i go to acc. setting i don't see anything that says (ONLY MY FRIENDS ARE ALLOWED TO VEIW MY PROFILE) so i need help!!!!

Sara [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've been doing research for an editorial for our school newspaper. I heard about this case. It really is sad.
like, woa.
You never think its going to happen. But it does. We all need to be careful....especially careful that we not forget about this and all the other of thousands of similar unfortunate cases. I

Joceyy<3 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I Love myspace..this is horrible..she was so beautiful<3

dolly li [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i luv mysapce but i want to make my page private. how do i make it private?

sum where safe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i use my space all the time i havent and wont meet any one from there so is it still safe to talk as long as i dont give info out ?

Rachael! at the disco [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I want my myspace to be private also but i cant figure it out.... how do you do it?
x

cynthia ;) (wink) <---cynthia traidmark [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

wow i feel so bad 4 this girl
how can someone take a girls whole life away?
its like out of no where this happend!
her friends must have taken it hard
suck an impact!

MB [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

I heard about this, one of my best friend's told me. at first i like couldn't believe it and then i was like...well...there are some pretty... f*cked up people out there...

it just sucks...ya know?

kenzie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

omgg! i cant believe that. ive been tryng to make my profile private how do i do it?

Shane [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Well, this proves the point of how wrong people can be......make your myspace private..(set Your Age to 15 and under)

bill [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i did that and it didnt work

Trina [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how do i Make Myspace Private

Trina [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Nvm i got it u just have to change your age to 15 then they change it for you!

Alexandra [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how long dos it take to make it private?

xiomara [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

thanks for the tip... i've been searching high and low for that... i'm also very sorry to hear about the loss... it sucks to know that something we have learned to love can hurt us deeply... take care and be careful to whom you talk to online... trust NO ONE!

mm [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

uummm so im trying to make my myspace private and i know u have to change ur age to 15 but how do u do that????

asd [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

go to your profile, edit, change the year of your birthday...

ana [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

thank you!

Mark [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm really saddend by this story. i hope she rests in peace and that it is a real shame for some1 to die with soo much ahead of them. My thoughts go out to all her family and friends

k [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

ok so HOW do i make myspace profile private?? do i only have to change my age to 15 and it will automatically become private??

MB [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

a lot of people are like asking about how to make your profile private. and all you have to do it go to like account settings and privacy settings. and there should be a thing and all you have to do is click it an make sure that only your friends or only people under 18 can see it

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!