Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdWords Now Supports Flash  (View post)

Adam [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, October 15, 2005
18 years ago

Interesting issues!

I do indeed hope that Google empowers AdSense publishers more over time... not only to respect their preferences, but from a purely economic standpoint; we publishers often know our audiences WAY better than the Mediabot. Can you imagine hyper-animated ads on slashdot? On the other hand, an entertainment/video-game site audience may actually enjoy animated ads, who knows?

It's the same thing with content, too. I know that on one of my sites, my audience could care less about merchant payment options and CMS options. They might be interested in banks paying high APRs or cash-back credit cards, though, and if I could nudge the Mediabot in that direction more fruitfully, everyone would win – my viewers, the advertisers, and Google!

David [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Because of the overwhelming use of flash in ads I don't have flash installed on Firefox. I occasionally use IE if I want to look at flash content.

Unistalling flash has also cut down on the number of pop-ups I get. I'm sick of all the free* iPod Nano pop-ups.

sebah [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

adblock in hands..

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!