Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Favicon  (View post)

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 30, 2008
16 years ago41,091 views

This morning i started Firefox and saw a new Google favicon, at least i think it's new.

http://www.websonic.nl/nieuws/052008/images/googlefavicon.gif

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I was surprised and thought it was Firefox 3rc1.
Weird... and why?
http://www.google.com/favicon.ico

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

After doing a proper reload, I saw that too.

Is Google undergoing a rebranding exercise...?

(Maybe they're going to be known as "the little g" rather than "The Big G" from now on...)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Not for me...

Litteul [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I saw it too, I did a search and now I'm on your blog...
It's only buzz I think :-)

(Sorry for my english)

Kuja IX [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Me too :)
Do you imagine some billions of people will say or think "oh, there is a new Google favicon" today.

sandy [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

yeah its new!!

the capital G was better than this small g (its too common... and this font too)
it will take a while to get used to it.

sandy [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

yeah billions of people. can't believe we are still on first page of discussion.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I just saw it too..
Pretty weird..

I wonder if they'll change their toolbars search icons as well.

16 years ago #

Maybe they'll start doing special favicons instead of doodles... ;-)

Bender [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It's UGLY! Please my beloved Google bring us the previous one back!!

16 years ago #

<< Maybe they'll start doing special favicons instead of doodles... ;-) >>

lol.. :)

16 years ago #

Ew...I do have it now :(My favourite is this one: http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windows/ie/images/searchguide/Google.png

Not the square one that's similar, but this new one is just...eewww...ugly

16 years ago #

Woah! Thats big :- sorry

Voyagerfan5761 [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Yeah, I liked the old one better, but what are we gonna do? I don't think we can do anything. "Little g" indeed.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Saw it on google docs, isn't on live for me on google normal, but thats probably because of the exerimental search I have turned on. Just found out its only on a secured connection:
https://www.google.com/favicon.ico
http://www.google.com/favicon.ico

Above 16 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

16 years ago #

David, are you sure it's not just cached? Have you tried doing a Ctrl+R reload? (By default, secure files aren't cached so that may be why you're seeing it on HTTPS but not HTTP...)

Jordan Lund [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Looks to me like they're encouraging the use of "google" the verb vs. "Google" the company. They want to be the next kleenex? The next post-it?

16 years ago #

I could get used to this...

http://blogoscoped.com/files/more/google-logo-lowercase.png

http://blogoscoped.com/files/more/google-homepage-lowercase.png

aghast [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

And what is it with the background on the ico. It totally fails on white background and in the urlbar on FF3RC1.

Kugrian [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I dislike it. It's not as clear as the previous .ico, and with only one color is harder to differentiate from sites with their .ico's in similar colors.
Maybe I'll change my mind if/when I get used to it, but right now I can see it getting easily lost in my tab bar.

MTZaza [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't like it...

Dictina [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't like it either. And as I work with several tabs it's more difficult to identify it with this grey background. This change is not user friendly.

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Not for me, I prefer the old one

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I prefer the old one too. This one is unreadable, with a weird background.

Stan [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google.co.uk doesn't have it yet

16 years ago #

Stan, I'm seeing it on Google.co.uk – have you tried reloading using Ctrl+R?

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google.co.uk does have the new one. I like it!

Adys [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I prefer the new one actually! Always disliked the extremely thin capital G. If you haven't gotten it yet on your local google, www.google.co.uk seems to have it now.

16 years ago #

And now Google Blogoscoped's getting in on the lowercase "g" action... ;-)

Benjamin [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I've just seen it since I use the icon for my netvibes Google tab and I think it looks very bad. At least code.google.com still has the old one so I could save it to my server and use it from there.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What's up with the stupid gradient in the background? Look very odd on my FF.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I like it, very simple but looks professional!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You are right Haochi, it sucks.

Mike [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't really care for it, but that's probably just due to the fact people don't like change. I'm sure we will all get used to it after seeing it tons of times every day for a few weeks.

Jamex Xuan [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Yeah, the background really sucks...transparent anyone?

Shubby [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Wow, googled "google favicon" when I saw the new favicon and here I am...

It is transparent and totally fails on black themes like mines..

Personally its not for me...

Luis Santos [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I agree with the complaints. This new favicon sucks! Google, please return to the old good one.

Jalaj [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Who moved my Cheese?

eternal [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

No, no, no! Why did they change it ? Bring the old icon back!

czupirek [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It keep me thinking that I'm at a webpage of some dictionary. Or at a typography site. I don't mind the background, though.

homaid [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

i think google is being more like "xhtml" no uppercase letters :)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Oh my... I don't like the new icon. I don't care if it is more 2.0 than the old one; the square with the big G was OK for me.

Jacob [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I just noticed it and wondered if anyone else noticed so i did a google search and lots of people are already talking about it. I like the blue, not the lowercase. Big G with the same style is what I'd like to see. -_-

Tiago Faustino [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

My too different too!!!
I´m using the Google Brazil...

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I see it on maps too, which in my opinion should have it's own favicon. I'm not sure I like this new icon, I don't associate it with Google. Blue? Lowercase?

[Anonymous] [PersonRank 4]

16 years ago #

I hate it

Rufus [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Something's changed; immediate response; I DON'T LIKE IT, BRING BACK THE OLD......etc, etc, etc.

(I personally like it, lower case logos always seem more 'friendly' to me)

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't care what people have to say. From a designer's point of view – it's quite nice! The rest of you are probably old folks;)
A lot of companies, such as msnbc, are now going for the lower case letters, to favor the web 2.0 style.

None [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I *really* don't like it... I think it's horribly ugly and it really doesn't feel "Google" to me... the typography, the color, the lowercase g just doesn't feel right... Please change it back!

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I like it and prefer it to the old one, although they could do with getting rid of the shadow.

[put at-character here]None
Have you seen the lowercase "g" in the Google logo, it's the same font. I like the colour, although I guess the issue for most people is that it isn't multicolour, like the old Favicon or the Google logo.

petz [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

phew... i thought there was some hijacking going on... i had a certificate mismatch this morning and gmail had it on the sign up page... i was leery to type in my password... i'm glad that it wasn't just me.
the favicon is so-so... if you like the old one, you can make a greasmonkey script like this one: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9014

16 years ago #

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/132365.html#id132389

<< I could get used to this... >>

I can't.
I seems horrible.. :/

StevenE [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Found this fix here for Firefox users:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/27548

Googillion [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

What Google actually has done is to re-rotate(turn back) the symbol to earlier version, so "∞" to "8" as it was. Beyond this, the "8" interprets the lower-case favicon "g".
http://googillion.blogspot.com/2008/05/google-changed-its-favicon.html

james4r [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

like it.

JDizzle [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Searches "New Google Favicon" and here I am.
I think it's alright. What's wrong with a little change huh?
How are you supposed to hate a little 16px*16px icon...

Blogoscoped is going to get a "shitload" of traffic now.
Hope your servers are ready for it!

Zach [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

What an ugly ugly ugly ugly favicon.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Is "Jamex Xuan" James Xuan's brother? ^^

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I like it.

Seems I'm seeing the old one again, though? Hmm.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Wow... thats a nice touch to Google's looks

António Ferreira [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Come on, it´s just a favicon For God Sake!!!

16 years ago #

What do you mean Ben?

You've previously got the new favicon and now you get the old one back?
(Try what Tony said: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/132365.html#id132399)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't mind the new fav icon. I sort of wish they would use that icon for the iPhone home screen icon for the iGoogle page. Right now there isn't an icon associated with that and it looks funny next to other sites.

Mustafa [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The new one is BAD!

Philip Hughes [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I really don't like the new one. I agree with Tony Ruscoe; that one is really nice.

AB [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Who had this bright idea in the first place? The previous one was way more colorful. This is just boring and bland!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Regardless of whether it looks good or not, I think it's still interesting how much attention a favicon can get.

There's definately going to be a resurgance in the importance of favicons – they're a lot more prominant in Firefox 3...

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Can't say I like it. I thought something was wrong with my browser.

gagel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

looks weird on my ff

Scott Buchanan [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Rufus: "Something's changed; immediate response; I DON'T LIKE IT, BRING BACK THE OLD......etc, etc, etc. (I personally like it, lower case logos always seem more 'friendly' to me)"

[put at-character here]drtimofey: "I don't care what people have to say. From a designer's point of view – it's quite nice! The rest of you are probably old folks;)
A lot of companies, such as msnbc, are now going for the lower case letters, to favor the web 2.0 style."

The fact that it's lowercase is not the problem. The new icon is inferior from both design and user experience perspectives for at least two reasons:
1. As was already mentioned, the new icon has much lower contrast within it, so it stands out much less in a tabbed browser.
2. The gray background will clash color-wise with many more browsers than the old logo. The gray background to the current logo will be a "little bit off" from the interface chrome of most browsers which shades of grey (lighter or darker, with varying hues) on almost every platform. That slight difference distracts the eye more than the former solid white field with primary-coloured border.

Jarrod [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't like it. I'm too used to the high-contrast RGB border... so familiar and easy to identify at a quick glance. It also didn't clash with browser interfaces like the new one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And If this is part of a google "re-branding initiative"...

*groan*

Ram [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

very ugly and thrid grade
thats what it lloks like

Shrikant Joshi [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

That's it.

Out of sheer curiosity I searched for "Google's new favicon" and landed here. And what follows is a rant directed at no one in particular. If you are wondering why I chose to comment here, think of it as the price you pay for success. :P

The internet has finally reached the pop-culture zone... Blogs have officially are the new soaps.

I agree conversations on the blogosphere were always veering towards the inane, but this, is a tad too much.

Who would have thought that we'd be discussing a 16x16 px image?

I think I'll retreat back into my shell now...

Cheers!
Shrikant

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't like it. Defiantly should be a capital (Big) "G". The big "G" has become an instantly recognisable .... errr.... letter, and changing to the lowercase "g" would not be a goog choice.

Shell spent 5 million pounds on research for a new logo. The people came back and told them to keep the same logo because it's recognisable. So Google if you want, I can do the research for you :-)"

To sum it up in 3 words..... "Do Not Want!" :-P

as [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't like it. Previous one was better.

mieses [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I agree (with Martin) that the shadow is unnecessary. Why re-introduce a boundary after going to all the trouble to eliminate it?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<<goog choice>>
believe it or not that was a typo :-D

My suggestion for favicon – big "G" no border

xyzyx [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't like it, please revert. Rename iGoogle to something real. Remove the line that was added under the toolbar (Web Images Maps ... My Account Sign out). Stop the bloating.

Jarrod [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Shrikant

"Who would have thought that we'd be discussing a 16x16px image?"

Yes, it seems minor on the surface, but I think most "power users" here recognize that this discussion is about more than just the arbitrary colors of 256 pixels. Favicons are re-used all over the place, from start pages like netvibes, to Firefox's built-in search, and beyond.

One could argue that the favicon is like a new kind of logo for the web world. Good favicons summarize a brand's identity as simply as possible. The old Google favicon did that. The RGB border and the distinctive captital "G" inarguably screamed "Google". This new one, on the other hand, seems unfamiliar and not very representative of the brand we are all intimately familiar with.

Looking at it closer now, the new "g" actually appears more of a purplish color than blue, further disconnecting it from Google's established identity.

fatih [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

looks bad...

Benjamin [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Today I did some searches for my university project and I had a lot of problems identifying the search tabs from the content tabs because I didn't recognize the favicon anymore. Especially on inactive tabs it is very hard because the contrast between icon and tab color is very bad :(

16 years ago #

Here may be the reason:
<< "I think the Google logo is childish and ugly," Jeff Veen [Google Designer] just said at a SXSW panel. >>
http://valleywag.com/365568/google-designer-company-logo-ugly-childish

16 years ago #

And if Google's ambition is to win the "corporate game" against Microsoft, a less-childish logo could be a little but symptomatic step forward.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I just showed up here on my IE7 and also my yahoo toolbar.

I know i've seen it before..

here.
http://www.bluesage.com/images/GattisPizzacolor.jpg

Deepa [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I show up at the Google homepage to do some research and get sidetracked by the new favicon.. wow.

I definitely don't like it. It's just too.. basic. And the lowercase 'g'? Not working. Google is a proper noun, with it's letters all colorful-like. They should bring back the old favicon. Or maybe even go with the one James showed above.

Glenn Allen [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

New favicon... not so 'fave' with me--ugly. Stupid move, changing one's "branding" for no good--no Good--reason.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Jérôme Flipo: If that's why, I'm tempted to call this a case of "creativity" over "usability"...

I'm trying to resist the temptation to dismiss this new favicon out of hand... but... anyone got some pitchforks and Jeff Veen's address?

It's a joke. I swear, I had nothing to do with the fire! ;)

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Update Firefox’s search bar with new Google favicon

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/05/update-the-google-search-plugin-icon-in-firefo/

I tried it on Vista and XP. XP was working, Vista not.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Jeff Veen no longer works at Google and that was his personal opinion.

Cow [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

I wonder if the reason Google might have changed their favicon is because Firefox 3 gives a blue highlight to secure websites. Try https://www.gmail.com in Firefox 3. With the new favicon on the blue background, it actually looks pretty good. Perhaps the opaque square of the old favicon obscured the secure page highlight.

Nigel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Looks rather like the Guardian favicon reversed – see http://www.guardian.co.uk/

PC [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

If I set the favicon.ico file on my server to be some 30mb image file, would a browser download it? I tried it locally and the webserver appears to serve the large file to firefox 2. Couldn't this be a bit of a vulnerability, if a user had webspace and put a favicon there and then had a tld redirect to that space?

Lawn [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It's more pleasing to the eye. I like it.

Is there a way to update the Google favicon in the built-in search engine in Firefox?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<< Is there a way to update the Google favicon in the built-in search engine in Firefox? >>

Yes, there is:
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-google-favicon.html#c5410832194966363362

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

and: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/132365.html#id132543

jay [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I think its just ugly and dull. I really don't like it at all. It was so easy to spot the Google Tabs before but now this little grey g just sucks.

DavidO [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Oh, dear. What a mess.

The 'Big G' was part of their brand. It was eye-catching and distinctive. It was familiar.

The new one completely destroys that. The new one is weak and indistinct. And WTF choose a letter from the *middle* of your name?

This is change without purpose or benefit.

Evidently Google has more money than it knows what to do with if they're paying people to 'fix' stuff that ain't broken.

Ary [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Yes, yesterday (30.05.08) in Google Brasil portal I saw this new favicon, better than former.

Cain [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Ugh. I, too, hate the new icon.

Scanning my tabs for the familiar Google icon and there's just this weird purplish squiggle. It's not even in the Google colours.

Google grew to staggering proportions on a philosophy of consistency, recognisability and ease of use... and now this rubbish?

I *really* hope this will be one of the rare cases of a company acknowledging that people hate the new design and going back to the old.

Most are scared of looking weak or stupid and will defend their decision to the death no matter how bad it is, thereby looking even more stupid.

AL [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I hate new favicon. Google what are you thinking?

Adam [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Bad decision Google, I mean google...

Arup [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

In my firefox where I normally have >30 tabs open, I keep losing the google tabs because of the new favicon which I am not used to. I am used to the old favicon and like it. I hate this new favicon which is making me do extra work(extra effort to figure out the google tabs).

Kit Sunde [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I think it's pretty funny. They change favicon and the world explodes. In a month we'll all have problems remembering what the old icon looked like, it's just how it goes.

Anna Sylvia Newlands [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Hey! This g is very similar to number 8. Probably chinese influence? We all know chineses considers that this number brings up joy, prosperity, and so on.
   I don´t hate it, but it seems to me too humble, opaque, a very sad blue,rsrsrs

Satan [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I love the new favicon; it's way prettier.

Miquelon [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Anyone remember "New Coca Cola" ?

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

This favicon sucks! Way to hard to find when I have all those tabs open.

John Sawyer [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I also don't like the new icon. The main reason is that it is hard to spot.
Shame on you (g)oogle!!!

Igor The Troll [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google Stole the small "g" Favicon idea from me googlepatrol.org I have it registered for one year now!

[unlinked]

16 years ago #

Eh... doubt it Igor

The watcher [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

All part of their new "softer" image"?

See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeLmCcx0tWA

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]The watcher
Tony beat you to it: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/132365-full.html#id132389

http://blogoscoped.com/files/more/google-logo-lowercase.png

16 years ago #

[put at-character here] The watcher:
To be continued..
lol... :P

joe [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I'm going to have to give this new one a thumbs down as well. Just not as pleasant to the eye as the old one.

Goran Duskic [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I think the new favicon is just fine. Maybe they didn't have to do this, but I think this is a part of Google's constant improving. I don't even see the favicons on my tabs. Besides, everything is moving to smaller screens, so Google decided to go to a smaller "g" :)

Element [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Much better icon! I'm glad google has decided to change its old-fashioned icon that was just ugly between all other modern icons. These people, who always shout 'I hate the new icon', are just not able to get used to it, because they probably are like 80 or 90 years old.

James [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

16 years ago #

lolllll
That's the phrase i've been searching for this topic :)

Adam Hughes [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Maybe they are just trying to save on bandwidth costs. The new icon is 256 bytes smaller.

16 years ago #

I doubt that.. :/

Bouke Regnerus [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

"Maybe they are just trying to save on bandwidth costs. The new icon is 256 bytes smaller."
hahah, yea sure

Apree [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Seems that some guys in Google have nothing to do lately.

Shan [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

This favicon just like Geegain.com's favicon. It is red and this is blue... Old favicon is good to Google...

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

More discussions on Reddit: http://reddit.com/info/6lqbl/comments/

bruno boutot [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The new favicon looks like an 8, which is a good omen in China.
Well done.
Also, "G" stands for "Giga", which means "a billion", impressive but intimidating, like any big number.
Whereas "g" is "gravity", which pulls you in.
Well done.

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

A lot of discussion is going against the new favicon
Seems like people really didn't liked it

http://friendfeed.com/e/044c9e23-9fe3-9129-ccd3-f06554c31644
http://www.gordonswaby.com/2008/06/02/i-hate-googles-new-favicon/

q [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Looks better with the new blue background some icons get in Firefox 3 (guess it's when you're using HTTPS).

16 years ago #

I cleared my cache and now it's back to the Big G. Did they change it back because of the users?

16 years ago #

It's not changed to the "Big G" for me.

16 years ago #

It seems it only changed on GVideo, maybe it never changed to the little g on Video for me, do you have big or little on Video Tony?

16 years ago #

I have the Big G on Google Vidoo:
http://video.google.com/favicon.ico

Mike Jenrom [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Poll: what's your take on Google's new favicon? (because I sure hate it): http://pollsb.com/polls/poll/14229/new-google-favicon

16 years ago #

More proof that nobody cares about GVideo...

Seamore Butts [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The new little g is rubbish! bring back the BIG G and all will be forgiven!

16 years ago #

Mike's poll is the suck, you are asked to login, but closing the dialogue box continues the poll anyway, and the phrasing for the 3rd option is not one I want to choose.

Bouke Regnerus [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Read this http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-google-favicon.html

The new Favicon is a symbol for infinity (∞). What stands for the amount of search results google has.

Kyle Whittington [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

My brain said "gsk" when I saw the lower case "g". Most people I've spoken to have had negative reactions to it – it's less unique and distinctive – aren't those the core two words of marketing?

me [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

I swiched my UA to iphone, and then saw the icon changing (and the whole page)
I payed no attention furter.
But then i switched back but the icon stayed the same. "this is strange"

I refreshed, opened another browser, and today googled it for sure.

:)

16 years ago #

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/132365.html#id132796
<< More proof that nobody cares about GVideo... >>

lollllllllll :)

16 years ago #

From http://searchengineland.com/080603-132251.php

<<[...]the official response from a Google spokesperson:
"We recognized there was a need for a Google icon that would better work across multiple applications including web, mobile and client applications. We felt the small 'g' had many of the characteristics that best represent our brand: it's simple, playful, and unique. We will be looking to improve and enhance this icon as we move forward.">>

So the new Favicon is a work in progress then. I presume that this also means the Favicon will be the icon used on a Google Search application for Android and iPhone (if one is released, that is).

16 years ago #

If they'll improve it, and i'll like, i might consider removing the big G's script.
:P

(http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/27548)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!