Forum

New GMail labs project  (View post)

MZaza [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
11 years ago3,306 views

gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/09 ...

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

I noticed a post about this on LifeHacker: lifehacker.com/5050323/gmail-l ...

Forgotten Attachment Detector:

farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/2 ...

Mark as Read Button:

farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2 ...

I like all of the effort they are putting into releasing new labs features in Gmail! Keep it up. :)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

I'm loving this two new features... both are USEFUL! [happy face here]

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

[Moved from "New in Gmail Labs: Forgotten Attachment Detector" – Tony]

Gmail has added an option to Gmail Labs called, Forgotten Attachment Detector. "Prevents you from accidentally sending messages without the relevant attachments. Prompts you if you mention attaching a file, but forgot to do so."

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

I've enabled both these straight away. Great additions.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

I haven't gotten the attachment detector to work! I enabled it, saved the changes, it shows as "enabled" after a restart... but even a message like "I attached an attachment because attaching attachments is fun!" doesn't trigger it. How do you get this to work?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

Ionut says:

<< The attachment detector couldn't recognize patterns like "I attached a file", "Check the attached file", but it worked when using: "I've attached..." and "I have attached". >>

googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008 ...

"See attached" (which I use all the time) works too.

Above 7 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Luisa Lu [PersonRank 1]

11 years ago #

Seems like the attachment detector could be solved by *send in the future* feature.... By default schedule all newly composed email to be send 5 seconds after you hit send, and usually you will catch yourself with mistakes like missing attachment issues, etc. Plus tons of other uses.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!