Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Talk Feature Suggestions  (View post)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, April 27, 2006
18 years ago10,251 views

i would like to see multi user chats

what would you like to see added to google talk?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Additional smilies or emoticons
User profiles
Multi-user chats
Video conferencing
File sharing or transferring
~~~~
More Skins & themes (it's hard to install it)
GTalk in more languages!!!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use chat-- I want whatever TomHTML wants!!

and in additon. I want to be able to chat to other chat clients too.. AOL/MSN/YAHOO to name a few... in simple terms, I want to be able to converse with anyone on the net ..thats my holistic request!

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

where's the interop with AOL IM?

elyk [PersonRank 6]

18 years ago #

It seems that the question is referring to other clients being compatible with google talk (like how you can login using gaim), not gtalk working with other clients. But I still put AIM in there hoping that they'd get the message. And they better make it work with the google chat client too, because aol's "aim express" is awful.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

good ideas.

do you think the user profiles should be blogger profiles? (use your existing one if you have one, or create a new one) or even create an orkut profile? I don't think the profile service should just be restricted to google talk users.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

You can talk with AOL users with Google Talk... just add jabber transport. It works. I use it. Google could just add easier way to register in transport for users who doesn't know how to do it.

I've voted for "Offline message delivery" and "Mac or Linux versions", those 2 (in this order) are my most wanted features.

Jim [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I wanted invisibility, it´s just really neccesery.

Casim [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Do you want to chat with anyone on the net? AIM, ICQ, MSN...

See this tutorial:
http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/google-talk-news/33739-connect-google-talk-aim-msn-yahoo.html

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have another suggestion.. here

Why do I have two chat windows open ?? Can't I have one only and reply too pull down list.. something like the ICQ style ??

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp – maybe you should add a post about Jabber Transports? Many people don't know that they can talk with people from any IM network using Google Talk...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've sent you an email on this Ludwik.

Andrej Novak [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Multiuser chat and Linux client are on the top of my wishlist. Oh and being able to send message when contact is offline.

Andy Gilbert [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

You should be able to view your entire inbox. So it would be more like a gmail client than a IM program.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!