Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GBUY 28th June

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 9, 2006
18 years ago3,146 views

See this article
http://www.forbes.com/markets/equities/2006/06/09/google-0609markets09.html

It appears GBuy will be launched soon. Maybe this is what the new feature in the accounts page will be for?

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That's what Eytan Buchman is suggesting here too:

>> Perhaps it is something to do with GPay or something. It could be a list of which sites you let take charge you through your Google account >>

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/38128.html

Maybe that's it finally!

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Interesting. I wonder how PayPal and Ebay will respond to this. Will Ebay allow uses to buy using their Google accounts?
Suppose it does fit into organising the worlds information, your purchase history. (But then again anything could come under that mission statement!)

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ebay can't really NOT allow it... they would just not integrate with it... right now I can pay any way I want... credit card Check COD Cash.... whatever.... if you can pay other people, then it is good enough.

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I would be very hard at the moment -if not impossible, they would not let them- to imagine how they would work out this Gbuy system to be used on other merchand sites!

What I can predict on the other side is of courses Google Base using Gbuy plus the ability to transfer money from Adsense and to Adwords.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Makes you wonder what on earth Eric was talking about...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Does this mean that paypal will have furious competation ?? After all I just picked up this chatter with CRM & SLA's wrt to Paypal!!

http://weblogs.jupitermedia.com/meckler/archives/015880.html

seondly I noted that its percentage charges are less the payopal.. so will merchnat swing to Gbuy because of the 0.75% margin difference ?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well we know Eric lies... "We are not making a web office..."

Gbuy will start on 0% comission then as you say /pd move to something less than paypal. If merchants take this up, this is likely to be another big income for Google. And will make the investors happier, becuase it won't just be a one trick pony then :)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<<I wonder how PayPal and Ebay will respond to this>>
joining forces together.. and while their at it, bring Yahoo! to their little group..
:P

anyone knows if Gbuy (or Google Wallet or whatever) will be just for the US? or just for the US at first and only then to other countries?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

First the US, then the rest of the world I assume... probably under a different name than GBUy though. Google should've learned from the Gmail copyright problems that they ought to name everything "Google *" e.g. "Google Pay".

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!