Google Blogoscoped

Forum

feedback to google does work!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 16, 2006
18 years ago2,365 views

We can definately see how Google are developing their products.

I have made two very clear feedback responses to Google in the recent past, about improvements they can make on their labs products.

Here are the ones I made:

-> Google Notebook: "when you delete a notebook, the notebook still appears in the recently viewed list, which is essentially just a dead link" – they got rid of this, and sorted it out.

-> Google Spreadsheets: "when you 'merge across' cells, there is no way to split the cells afterwards" – they sorted this about added the words "Break Apart" when a merged cell is selected.

It feels good to be part of it, and I urge you all to provide feedback to google on everything possible =) Just remember – it works!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> "when you 'merge across' cells, there is no way to split the cells afterwards"

The "Break Apart" button was there when I was using Spreadsheets in the first couple of days. Maybe it was just a bug that prevented you from seeing it...?

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> The "Break Apart" button was there when I was using Spreadsheets

it was there the first day I used it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

They also listened to the requests for a Calendar widget, though I bet it was on their development schedule right from the start.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have had this experience many times which is why I keep sending Google feedback. But I'm not sure if they already had it planned or if features were added because of feedback.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Talking about feedback, Google might be tuning in here:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/40077.html

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> The "Break Apart" button was there when I was using Spreadsheets in the first couple of days. Maybe it was just a bug that prevented you from seeing it...?

Or perhaps I'm just losing my eyesight =D

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!