Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Find Wikipedia Backlinks  (View post)

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, September 14, 2006
17 years ago5,753 views

It only shows weblinks from the English Wikipedia.

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Let the Wikiteering begin.

Wikiteering – v. the process of adding your own links to wikipedia and or creating wikipedia articles about your own website for the purpose of gaining google pagerank.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is a powerfull tool .. I wish it had RSS feeds for a domain!!

SEM Basics [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Before I start checking my backlinks in Wikipedia, I'd like to first know how to get some backlinks in Wikipedia. I'm prepared to constructively contribute to Wikipedia, help with writing and/or improving articles for them, but I'd like to also get a few quality backlinks in there at the same time (then I can start using tools to help me look up backlinks from Wikipedia. Any ideas how to get some?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

huh ?? create you own page/article on the wiki and link back to your site..wait for a day ot day and that page with the backlink should be indexed and avialable in search

Dan Tobias [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

However, editors and admins tend to react badly to anything that gives off the slightest whiff of "spammy" behavior. You can probably get away with a link or two to your own sites if they're highly relevant, but if anybody notices you putting in large numbers of links to the same site, even if they're arguably relevant, they're likely to revert them and block or ban you if you keep on adding them back.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wikipedia contribution is not a SEO tactic.

Scott [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Here are the (49, at present) backlinks to outer-court.com from English Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALinksearch&target=*.outer-court.com

Only 9 from German Wikipedia ....

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALinksearch&target=*.outer-court.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Outer-court.com was once banned on Wikipedia. Maybe they removed all links that existed at the time?

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>>Outer-court.com was once banned on Wikipedia. Maybe they removed all links that existed at the time?<<<

how comes?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You know Wiki sandboxes? There are places where anyone can enter anything, just to play around. As Wikipedia allows those sandboxes to be indexes by search engines (bad idea, I think) I once used this to insert links for a SEO contest, and I publicized the strategy. Well, it turned out Wikipedians didn't like this, even though I just used the sandbox... so they banned outer-court.com from all pages. When I found out they don't like the sandbox editing I stopped doing it, and after talking to some of them, the site got unbanned.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2004_06_03_index.html#108629395405419300

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!