Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Google Apps for your domain features

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
17 years ago2,812 views

I was shocked this was not here yet...

Hello Travis,

We wanted to let you know about some useful new additions to Google Apps for Your Domain. You can set up these new options through the administrative control panel:
http://www.google.com/a/attdeal.com

The start page
The start page lets you easily create a unique, dynamic place for your users to find relevant, essential information, preview their inboxes and calendars, and search the web. You customize the layout, header area and overall color scheme, as well as the page's default content, which can include Google Personalized Homepage modules, your own content and links, and RSS feeds. After your users log in, they can further customize the start page so it's just right. To create and publish your domain's start page, log in to the control panel.

Support for new languages
We recently added a whole batch of new languages to the administrative control panel, so if English isn't your native tongue, try Google Apps for Your Domain in any of these other languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish or UK English. If you'd like to use the control panel in one of these languages, log in to the control panel and click 'Domain Settings' to edit advanced settings.

Custom URLs for your domain's Google-powered apps
Now you can set up simple URLs on your own domain for your Google services. For example, your users could access their email accounts at mail.attdeal.com. Log in to the control panel to edit these links.

Support for multiple domains
If your business or organization has other domain names in addition to attdeal.com, you can now associate all of your domains together. This way, when emails and calendar event invitations are sent to accounts at your secondary domain name, the messages and invitations will be routed to the right accounts at attdeal.com.

At any time, if you get stuck or if you want to tell us about your experience with this service, you can find more information and get in touch through our help center (https://www.google.com/support/a).

Sincerely,
The Google Team

To stop receiving news and tips about Google Apps for Your Domain, click here.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Kinda discussed here:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/75657.html

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

the biggest thing for me is the multiple domains (domain aliasing)
I have done this in effect using forwarders in the past, but it is a pain to maintain.

The Custom URLs is nice too, but that is a simple one time setup for forwarding that I used... :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!