Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Company XYZ Releases Google Killer  (View post)

Zoo [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, January 9, 2007
17 years ago6,148 views

Ha Ha

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

He He

Andrew Girdwood [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'm part of the beta test and assure tell you its very good! I'm told the next version will make Click Fraud impossible by blocking all clicks.

or [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

this is funny

Mark Bean [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'd buy that for $1.8 billion.

btd [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

What's the purpose of this post? Altavista was total search king and they just have crossed "The Tipping Point"... sooner or later it is going to happened to Google.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

How many times have we seen somebody say there's a "Google Killer" which turns out to be less than a Google threat?

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

WHOIS information:

Registrar: domaininfo.com
Domain Name: googlekiller.com

[Owner of domain name]
Andersson Software
Box 13102
Stockholm, 103 04
SE (Sverige)

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=www.googlekiller.com

paul [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I have an idea for a search engine that could beat any algorithm out there right now, but I haven't even finished the spider for the web. I'll work on it in my free time, but its still a long way off. Imagine web 2.0 + Google + personal results + AI. The main thing is that it will be almost impossible to "game" the system like current link farms do. I want to tell more, but can't.

Michael Fagan [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I'm dissapointed, Philipp. Your blog is usually pretty up-to-date, but that's an old press release. I'm pretty sure I read in several times in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and yes, several times already in 2007.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I hear the GoogleKiller will be released a few months after the iPod killer is released.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]paul

sell it to Google!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The only thing that will kill Google is Google itself.

stewie [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

well it won't take long until google retaliates, that what's competition it's all about, and lucky 4 us google will improve itself(maybe) although it still popular http://www.trendio.com/word.php?wordid=1373&language=en
and I like it...

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The Google Killer will be released? The guy is dangerous, he is a killer! Just imagine him using all the other search engines, Yahoo, MSN is just the tip of the iceberg. He'll be a serial killer! He should remain behind bars.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>> The only thing that will kill Google is Google itself. <<

You heard it from the wise man himself! How long did it take you to come up with that, Tony?

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hmmm, nice ideas! ;)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I second Tony's opinion: Google is Google's potential worst enemy. AltaVista was mentioned as well above, and they too committed suicide – it wasn't competition that turned them to become an annoying portal, it was their own decision makers.

wkcow [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

hug,hug

even in china, the beginning of the year, we also could heard one of companys annouced it's search technology surpass the baidu.But, unfortunately, you feel disppointed after trying some keywords.

In general, we better find one or couple film told us proudly, they are the Googlekiller Then, Google provides the service much better, that's good

thank you, xyz

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!