Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Peter Fleischer vs Ties  (View post)

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 27, 2007
16 years ago5,338 views

Everybody has to dress up sometimes (business meetings, funerals, some conferences, other somber events). But I feel my shorts and T-shirt do allow me to hop into a casual brainstorming session more easily than a suit+tie, tuxedo, or other formal attire. :)

newsert [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

PUT his letter in perspective to what the fashion editor wrote, we can only agree to what Fleisher wrote. No matter what, wearing ties and suit is all about personal taste and not necessarily leading to personality enhancement which in Europe, especially in germany is a very common currency. And he did speak on his name... just mentioning google doesn't necessarily mean he is peaking for google, I guess. Maybe Philip it would also be good to do common sense journalism by also quoting what the Fashion editor wrote so that we – your readers – can have a better picture of the debate.

Thanks

Mary Elizabeth [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Philip – I think you have a little virus I call Google-envy

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's contagious around here Mary, stick around if you are not afraid of catching it. Symptoms include crying yourself to sleep because of the job you have and visiting blogoscoped over 50 times a day.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hewh, that means I haven't caught it yet. ;-)

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I definitely visit Blogoscoped multiple times a day, in hopes of seeing something to procrastinate with.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I thought this was a rather light-hearted take on PC World's article, actually :)
I never wore a tie in my whole life (excluding costuming up as a kid!) so I'd probably get along cool with Peter, but I'd still tell him, "don't be arrogant in telling people how superior you think Google is." Actually it's not my advice, "don't be arrogant" is one of Google's stated values, no kidding.

http://blogoscoped.com/files/hamburg/large/7.jpg

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google is not the first nor the only company where you don't have a dress code..at least at SAP and some other tech companies (here in Germany) you are not forced to wear a business suite. So that's nothing new..others came up with that idea before Google.
But if you hold a valuable position (like CEO,..) or you represent your company you are adviced to wear a business suite. I guess that's also the case if you would represent Google at an important meeting/conference

Dr. Ron Wolfe [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Read my page on ties, and tell me you still want to see them:
http://ron.unique.cc/ties/ties.htm

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]James Xuan

>visiting blogoscoped over 50 times a day.

I visiting blogoscoped per 5 minutes via RSS to get newest Post and top thread of the Forum. I advice add rss for replies too. And comments elsewhere.

Blogoscoped.com sometimes blocked my IP, Good system.

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Agree with Hong
RSS for replies is on my wishlist too :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!