Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Targeting Ads Based on Previous Queries  (View post)

Sebastian [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, August 1, 2007
16 years ago4,582 views

The last sentence is hilarious. please make that happen Google.

Brock [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Amazon should be paying attention to this. Why on God's earth do they keep showing me ads for televisions months after I bought one – from Amazon! After a couple weeks of heavy research I bought a TV and haven't clicked on a TV since. You'd think they would have realized I'm not in the market for a TV any more.

Gareth [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I definitely saw this happening last week. I was discussing with a colleague a service our law firm uses from Hoovers.com. I said I'd never heard of the company, as (to my Britishness), hoovers are vacuum cleaners. I Googled "hoovers" and sent her the relevant Wikipedia links, and then lo and behold on the next website I visited (totally unrelated), I saw a big Skycraper Google image-ad for Hoovers.com. Interesting, and eerie to see.

Benjamin Jancewicz [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

it LIVES!

I've wondered for a long time whether Google was doing this... essentially working themselves out of the job.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Regarding the last sentence: I think it's already so for a long time, they just don't dare to tell it to the press yet. ;-)

Nikk [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

This worked for me even after I deleted my cookies after the second search.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!