David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I'll give you two words,
More money

:P

Am i right here Philipp?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yep, I planned the top right space to be a candidate for non-Google ads, I just wanted to give AdSense some more time to see how it does (not so well, I think partly because it was gray on gray...). So now I'm hoping there's someone interested in this homegrown ad system, which I'm also putting on a bit of a white background for more clarity, so that a link color can be a real link color, and not something gray. I developed a little something earlier this year that would rotate the same ad on the same space (and put text ads in RSS), and now this is similar but the ad won't rotate, but be in 4 static positions.

Positions that are not filled, I can fill with affiliate ads. But the top left position, as you can see, is filled with a Google AdSense actually. I actually re-used the new rounded border of the AdSense for the other ads so the whole blog design has some roundness to it. I try to make the ads look kinda good with the rest of the design (feedback on that welcome :)).

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Philipp, could you keep track of the page views, ad-views and compare them to the Adsense view count? It would be interesting to see how many people use ad-blockers :-)

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

ad blocker plus didn't block philips ads. :(

added this line and now they do..

http://blogoscoped.com/files/square-ads/

heh. :)-

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> It would be interesting to see how many people use ad-blockers :-)

AdBlockers usually hide the ads (but still let them load into the page).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!